EY people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
We currently are seeking for qualified candidates for an excellent career opportunity for a 12 month contract as a Senior Manager for our Enterprise Assurance group. Our Enterprise practice provides specialized accounting, and review services (review engagements, notices to reader (compilation), personal and corporate taxes, and business advisory services to privately owned businesses and individuals.
• Supervise engagement teams and review work performed To qualify for this highly visible position you must have:
• Continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
• Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams
• Successfully monitor the engagement team against the budget, and alter if necessary
• Engagement billing and monitoring collections
• Identify/communicate relevant trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to the client.
• Responsible for planning and managing Notice to Reader (NTR) and Review Engagements along with the required tax filings
• Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs and meeting required deadlines
•Demonstrate a deep understanding of the client's industry and marketplace. •Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. •Successfully delegate to all levels of staff. •Conduct performance reviews, serve as a positive leader and mentor, and contribute to performance feedback/training.
•An undergraduate degree or a graduate degree with a minimum of 8+ years of related work experience with preference on public practice experience. •Must have a Canadian CPA, CA designation, or possess a reciprocal CPA, CA designation recognized with CPA Manitoba. • Extensive knowledge of financial accounting and ASPE Standards EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
• Solid understanding of business concepts and issues related to privately owned businesses
• Strong personal and corporate tax knowledge
• Excellent PC skills and experience working with Taxprep, Caseware, Caseview, Quickbooks and Sage
• Outstanding client communication skills and dedication to providing exceptional and timely client services
• Ability to lead teams and manage engagement profitability
• Superior multi-tasking skills
•Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise. •Ability to take a pragmatic approach to issues that underpin client relationships while demonstrating and living the firm's values •Excellent project management and leadership skills (lead by example)
Posted: December 13, 2018
Closes: February 11, 2019