Now Hiring for an Accounting Clerk
At First Student, Accounting Clerks assist the Location Manager in ensuring accuracy for accounting records for receipts and/or disbursements. Performs a variety of complex clerical and entry-level bookkeeping and accounting tasks, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records, and preparing financial, statistical, and/or technical reports.
As an Accounting Clerk, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Prepares, proofs, and types payrolls and other financial reports; makes routine cost distributions;
posts subject accounts.
- Prepares and posts accounting documents, such as fees, receipts, invoices, requisitions, vouchers,
expense accounts, and related operating reports.
- Posts requisitions, receipts, and disbursements information to appropriate ledgers or journals.
- Receives and counts cash; maintains cash book or other control record.
- Files and maintains clerical records and reports pertinent information to accounting and bookkeeping
or technical operations.
- Prepares and mails bills or statements, or prepares lists of outstanding bills payable.
- May audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to
departmental, county, and state procedures.
- May perform secretarial functions as needed for assigned staff member(s).
- Assists in balancing accounts by running tapes, proofreading, etc.; prepares summary of balances, cost
information, or other reports as requested for supervisor's use in preparing financial statements.
- May proofread and post operations progress or other reports and make a monthly summary or recaps
of such reports as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree and/or equivalent Post Secondary with courses in bookkeeping.
- At least 1 year experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or secretarial assignments involving advanced
recordkeeping (directly related business school or college courses may be substituted equally for up
to 6 months experience) OR any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping theories and practices and accepted office procedures.
- Ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy, to make difficult
mathematical computations with and without mechanical assistance (ability to operate a calculator by
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical or legal
- Ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat, legible manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, a variety of
governmental employees and officials, and the general public.
- May require ability to be able to type at least 40 words per minute with a high degree of accuracy.
Apply today to become a part of our team!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growthfor all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.
Customer Service and Support Operations and Logistics