Reference ID: WIN0007A
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
As an Accounting Technician, you will be a professional member of our Assurance practice. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
As an Accounting Technician, The Accounting Technician assists Managers in organizing the workflow, supporting the organization of review and compilation engagements, preparing corporate, trust, and personal taxes, and in managing communication with the client.
Skills and attributes for success
• Prepare review and notice to reader engagements in Caseware
• Prepare adjusting entries and financial statements
• Prepare account summaries and reconciliations
• Complete corporate tax returns and liaise with our tax professionals
• Assist managers with client meeting preparation
• Prepare correspondence to clients and the Canada Revenue Agency
• Respond to other duties as required
• Must have strong attention to detail
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Must have good interpersonal skills and able to liaise with clients, staff and outside parties
• Must be available to work overtime during peak seasons
• Must have initiative
• Must be a team player
To qualify for the role you must have
• Must possess a university degree and/or college diploma
• Must possess accounting software (Caseware or similar) knowledge
• 2-4 years of accounting and tax experience in a public accounting firm performing the above role
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you're ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 21, 2019
Closes: April 22, 2019