Amazon is looking for talented Postdoctoral Scientists to join our Amazon Imaging Sciences team for a one-year, full-time research position.
Amazon Imaging Sciences is the R&D portion of the Amazon Imaging organization, charged with utilizing new research and innovation to bring immersive product imagery to customers. We are currently focused exclusively on the creation of 3D content for Amazon, with the long-term goal of having a photorealistic, manipulable, and customizable 3D model for every ASIN that Amazon sells. We believe this will fundamentally transform the way customers interact with and learn about products online. This will require entirely new algorithmic approaches at the convergence of 3D ML, Computer Vision, and Computer Graphics research, as we are looking to scale our content capabilities by more than 1000x while simultaneously increasing realism.
Key job responsibilities
In this role you will:
• Work closely with a senior science advisor, collaborate with other scientists and engineers, and be part of Amazon's vibrant and diverse global science community.
• Publish your innovation in top-tier academic venues and hone your presentation skills.
• Be inspired by challenges and opportunities to invent cutting-edge techniques in your area(s) of expertise. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Basic qualifications include:
• PhD in a relevant field, received within 2 years of starting the program
• Proven publication record in Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer Vision, AI, Computer Science, Econ, or other related technical fields
• Experience in data science and quantitative research
• Proficiency in technologies relevant to the subfieldPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Postdocs demonstrate the following preferred job qualifications:
• Ability to independently deliver results in a fast-paced environment
• Publications at top-tier, peer-reviewed conferences and/or journals
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Expert knowledge in modeling and performance, operationalization, and scalability of scientific techniques and establishing decision strategies
Required application materials:
• CV, which lists all peer-reviewed publications and conferences,
• Research statement that outlines your research achievements and future research interests, and
• A journal article or book chapter that demonstrates your domain expertise.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.