Audit & Assurance Job Type:
Permanent Primary Location:
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
The Winnipeg Assurance group is rapidly expanding. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
A career in the Assurance group will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of unique engagements
Our Assurance group is composed of the Finance and Accounting & Transaction Advisory teams, which focus on providing solutions for technical accounting issues as well as enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success. As an analyst, you would be part of both these teams to gain unique and broad experiences.
Our Assurance Finance Team, focuses on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Operating Model Assessments, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and Technology Advisory.
Our Accounting & Transaction Advisory Team focuses on researching and developing accounting solutions, assisting with the adoption of new standards, as well as providing an accounting perspective for other advisory engagements.
We are looking for professionals with strong problem solving skills, a breadth of knowledge with respect to the operational aspects of financial reporting and accounting, and strong communications skills.
As an Analyst in the Assurance group you will:
- Participate in technical accounting diagnostics and developing position papers
- Participate in current state findings workshops in order to understand and document key financial processes (i.e. procure to pay, financial close, reporting, etc.)
- Understand and document companies' IT architectures as well as conduct research into financial systems
- Develop materials for, and participate in the delivery of workshops
- Document companies' key performance metrics as well as visualize these metrics using visualization tools
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally
- Develop and lead communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
External Posting Qualifications
- Working towards completing or finished the CPA designation
- Possess strong technical skills (e.g. GAAP, controls, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of IFRS, Public Sector Standards, US GAAP, ASPE, internal controls and risk
- Ability to approach engagements and requirements with a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options)
- Operational (ability to translate the "what is required" into the "how it's done")
- Problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Project management discipline and structure
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Broad advisory skillsets (capacity to help client explore issues / opportunities)
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership is considered an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply