Co-op/Intern Reference code:
102001 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Montreal; Toronto Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters. Do you want to work in a fast growing and changing environment, with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical fields, developing innovative solutions to problems facing the development and delivery of large-scale construction projects?What will your typical day look like?
The Capital Projects team provides a variety of advisory and consulting services to capital project owners, contractors, architect and engineering firms, governmental agencies, developers, and other organizations with a significant interest in the successful development and delivery of a capital project. Our team of experienced engineers, quantity surveyors, construction managers, architects, and auditors possess comprehensive design and construction industry experience, and practical and effective project management, consulting, and communication skills, as well as strong professional qualities. Furthermore, through our access to the global network of member firms, the Deloitte Financial Advisory Infrastructure and Capital Projects group offers a broad range of integrated services in varied professional disciplines and diverse locations.
We are rapidly growing our Capital Projects practice in Montreal, Vancouver, and Calgary and are looking for a co-op student to support our team. As a co-op, you will be responsible for supporting various aspects of our assignments, including:
About the team
- Assisting in project management oversight assessments;
- Performing construction cost or schedule assessments;
- Assessing management or construction contract compliance and audit;
- Recommending project risk management solutions strategically aligned with client risk tolerances;
- Performing process and control reviews and organizational assessments;
- Developing business processes and/or setting up project controls and governance;
- Evaluating and developing construction claims including the review, analysis and development of claims for dispute resolution; and,
- Contributing to creating value for our clients with their large capital projects.
Our Capital Projects team is comprised of some 40 professionals nationally who are dedicated to helping our clients successfully deliver large-scale capital projects and programs on time and on budget. We also help our clients reduce risk and achieve the best value from their portfolios of capital projects.
Deloitte's Capital Projects team brings practical solutions and adds value at every stage of the project lifecycle for clients in highly competitive multi-billion dollar international engineering and construction industries. We are experienced consultants, project and program managers, planners and project controllers, architects, engineers, construction managers, contract managers, quantity surveyors and related management functions. Through our access to the Deloitte global network of member firms, the Capital Projects team offers a broad range of integrated services in varied professional disciplines and diverse locations.
We bring decades of global industry experience which is matched with Deloitte's enviable reputation as a global Professional Service firm and employer of choice.
Permanent Analysts within Financial Advisory join our Quick Start development program. Through Quick Start, analysts receive up-front training covering key topics from across our Financial Advisory practice, including advisory and technical skills, quality/risk processes, engagement lifecycle, and project management principles. Once the training is complete, our analysts are deployed on client engagements, proposals, and strategic initiatives. A CPA stream is available for analysts who need to obtain working hours for their designation.
The objective of our Quick Start program is to provide analysts with exposure to a broad range of engagements, projects, and initiatives from across all service lines within our Financial Advisory practice. By developing core skills across multiple dimensions, the program aims to assist our analysts in building their careers as future advisors and agile leaders. Enough about us, let's talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
Our shared values
- Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, Architecture or construction-related discipline;
- Excellent visual, written and oral communication skills, particularly articulating messages using Microsoft tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, etc.);
- The ability to thrive in a team and collaborative setting, contribute and share ideas, regularly seek guidance and feedback, and work to ensure the success of the team;
- A willingness to learn, and a strong commitment to professional and client service excellence; and,
- The ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality outputs with a high degree of task ownership.
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply now! Deadlines to apply: 1) Montreal: May 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST
2) Calgary: May 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST
3) Toronto: May 16, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document.
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Intern, Financial, Engineer, Consulting, Developer, Entry Level, Finance, Engineering, Technology
Management and Executive