Co-op/Intern Reference code:
99214 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Halifax, NS Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living Our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters. Do you enjoy developing innovative solutions to complex problems, leveraging technology and data analytics to drive effectiveness and efficiency in your work, and working as part of a collaborative team? We would love to meet you!What will your typical day look like?
As an Intern on our Disputes & Litigation team, you will:
About the team
- Work on client engagement teams executing on projects, supporting key decision-makers in developing and executing deliverables;
- Contribute to presentation materials, reports and schedules for client engagements;
- Prioritize objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting;
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills; and
- Work in a collaborative team environment.
Deloitte's Disputes & Litigation team specializes in providing independent assessments of potential damages, including those resulting from breach of contract, construction delays, shareholder disputes and intellectual property infringement.
We differentiate ourselves through the breadth and depth of our experience, as well as our deployment and application of technology accelerators and data analytics. Our goal is to make the complex simple, leading the way to successful dispute resolution.
Permanent Analysts within Financial Advisory join our Quick Start development program. Through Quick Start, analysts receive up-front training covering key topics from across our Financial Advisory practice, including advisory and technical skills, quality/risk processes, engagement lifecycle, and project management principles. Once the training is complete, our analysts are deployed on client engagements, proposals, and strategic initiatives. A CPA stream is available for analysts who need to obtain working hours for their designation.
The objective of our Quick Start program is to provide analysts with exposure to a broad range of engagements, projects, and initiatives from across all service lines within our Financial Advisory practice. By developing core skills across multiple dimensions, the program aims to assist our analysts in building their careers as future advisors and agile leaders. Enough about us, let's talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life Be yourself, and more.
- Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting, mathematics, business administration, or a related field. Candidates pursuing their CPA designation are preferred.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience in conducting research, synthesizing data, writing reports, and preparing presentations. Fluency in French is required for those candidates applying to join our offices in Quebec.
- An aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as financial analysis or modeling, market research and analysis, project problem diagnosis, and solution development.
- A great problem-solver, self-starter, and is highly organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills and is able to work as part of a team.
- Willing and able to travel in Canada, as required.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. The next step is yours
Apply by September 19, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document.
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Law, Market Research, Project Manager, Accounting, CPA, Legal, Technology, Marketing, Finance
Management and Executive