Co-op/Intern Primary Location:
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada All Available Locations:
Within each of our service areas in Risk Advisory
, you will work with key team members to develop an understanding of the business and economic environment in which our clients operate. You will be helping organizations of all sizes perform better and manage all their risks (business, operational, IT, cyber, financial, regulatory compliance, etc.) - going beyond the numbers and creating opportunities for our clients.
You will assist with fieldwork audits of controls at various organizations, including assessing the effectiveness of their controls according to an established audit assessment framework for IT systems. This includes using established tools and methodologies to develop audit plans, collect and analyze data, document and support results.
As an Analyst, on our Operational Risk team, you will:
- Systematically analyze and identify problems in order to determine the causes and propose solutions
- Assist with the development of recommendations and presentations for client engagements
- Maintain excellent interpersonal relationships and demonstrate an ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Possess a great sense of client service and exceed clients' expectations while remaining committed to the Firm's objectives and vision
- Express ideas and arguments in a clear and convincing manner
- Prioritize your objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Working towards completion of undergraduate degree in 2019
- Intention to pursue a CPA and/or CISA designation
- Strong interest in management information systems, technology and business processes
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Demonstrated leadership through volunteer activities and community involvement
- Ability to synthesize information and produce concise synopses/summaries
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Multi-tasker and effective time management skills
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Exemplary record of achievement
Your role as junior staff member at Deloitte:
•Understand our purpose and values; explore opportunities for impact
•Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador to help attract top-talent
•Understand expectations and demonstrate personal accountability for keeping performance on-track
•Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
•Understand how your daily work contributes to the priorities of the team, the business, and the firmPlease submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in one PDF document by February 13th, 2019 at 11:59pm EST.Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply