Android Developer - Kotlin Permanent 2 positions Calgary, AB or Winnipeg, MB
Our client is one of Canada's leading tech companies and they are seeking an Android Developer with Kotlin experience to join their fast-growing team who is constantly pushing their app's technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges. This is a company where your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact. As the company grows, so do you - you will meet and surpass new challenges every day.
If you're hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we'd love to hear from you. Responsibilities:
- Finger on the pulse of the latest Android/Kotlin trends
- Ability to write expressive, readable, composable, and testable Kotlin code
- Observance of Clean architectural and coding principles
- Ability to communicate clearly and cooperatively with design, product, and engineering stakeholders
- Desire to mentor and share knowledge with engineers of all levels
- Willingness to constantly improve quality standards. Gives and takes constructive criticism with maturity.
- Ability to apply newly learned knowledge/patterns quickly to write better code
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- We take ownership of our work and work closely with our team
- We move quickly, take risks, and know how to manage the risks
- Regularly refactoring to improve our existing systems - technical debt isn't an excuse
- Unit tests and code reviews are at our core - confidence in our pull request is the result
- We face challenges no one can predict - we meet them head-on as a team
- When we have an idea that serves a need, we run with it
- Our teams are kept tight and efficient
- Experience with Kotlin Multiplatform
- Experience with Mobile Automation Testing
- Experience with Fastlane and/or maintaining CI/CD workflows
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining Android apps
- Demonstrable understanding of the Android application & view lifecycles
- Understanding of functional & reactive programming
Annex Consulting Group is a full-service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program . Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.