Requisition ID: 68197
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Sales department of Scotia Dealer Advantage in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Pursues a business development program within the assigned market area of dealers according to the agreed upon growth objectives by: managing the volume, flow and yield of a dealer loan application/sales pipeline; maintaining effective follow-up with existing dealers and update dealer or contact information accurately and in a timely fashion; participating in related external events and associations to develop and expand network of contacts.
- Ensures all aspects of assigned dealers receive ongoing attention to achieve dealer satisfaction as required to maintain, improve, grow and retain the relationship by: using strong knowledge of the Business Line's products and services including loan application, pricing and underwriting guidelines; actively seeking dealer feedback on the Business Line's products and services and the delivery of customer service; liaising with internal partners for fulfillment (including credit application process, documentation, security registration, etc.) and service activities; partner with Business Line's prime retail lending sales colleagues and/or product specialists as required to positively influence dealer satisfaction.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
- Performance measurement criteria are captured as agreed upon in the current year's me@scotiabank Annual Performance Plan.
- Completion of a post-secondary education (college or university) or equivalent experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a sales capacity. Direct experience in prime or non-prime finance preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, credit decisioning, contract management, customer relationship management and/or loan application software relative to the business line.
Location(s): Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Underwriter, Sales Management, Bank, Banking, Insurance, Sales, Finance
Banking, Finance and Insurance