You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
KPMG is seeking an experienced Associate Vice President (Manager) to join our Deal Advisory team in Winnipeg
Within Deal Advisory, KPMG Corporate Finance Inc. is the OSC regulated entity through which KPMG LLP's investment banking services are provided in Canada. KPMG's Corporate Finance services are principally comprised of merger, acquisition and divestiture advisory services and financing services including raising debt and equity capital.
We offer independent financial advisory and investment banking services to both private and public companies. Acting independently of financing sources, we provide clients with pure, objective advice, focusing on strategies that can help meet corporate objectives. We have an extensive international network of over 2,600 corporate finance professionals working from 160 offices in 86 countries thus providing KPMG Corporate Finance with a broad local reach and established contacts.
As an experienced Associate Vice President, Corporate Finance, you will report to our Vice Presidents and Managing Directors. You are a self-starter who has an interest in mergers and acquisitions and capital markets and will bring your experience to deliver transactions for our clients. What you will do
- Conduct market and industry research, detailed financial analysis and business valuations.
- Draft pitch books, teasers, confidential information memorandums (CIM) and other Merger & Acquisition deliverables.
- Assume responsibility for the day-to-day execution and delivery of service on a range of corporate finance and deal advisory projects.
- Assist in the identification of potential acquisition targets, purchasers and/or investors.
- Assess the business environment and key drivers specific to the company and its sector.
- Prepare and review financial models.
- Manage, mentor and train junior corporate finance professionals.
- Undertake engagement and practice management responsibilities, including billings and adherence to professional practice requirements.
- Lead proactive business development and deal initiation activities.
At times, business needs arise, and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, employees need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
- CPA, CBV and/or CFA designation preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant post-graduate experience, in Corporate Finance, or a related field e.g. transaction advisory, investment banking, commercial/corporate banking, private equity, management consulting, or corporate development,
- Proven track record of project initiation/execution in a fast-paced professional setting
- Strong technical finance proficiency, including knowledge of financial statements and general accounting principles
- Demonstrated experience or ability in training and developing junior staff members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance