Audit - Experienced Associate
Reference ID: 15155BR
The best opportunities to let your knowledge, talent and skills flourish.
Our Assurance practice:
We offer Assurance Services focused on the individual needs of each client and we support them with quality information to the capital markets and their stakeholders. Clients value our expertise in delivering year-end audits, quarterly reviews, financial accounting advice and regulatory compliance assurance. Our audit methodology connects our people around the world to access knowledge and share best practices.
The opportunity: Experienced Associate, Assurance
We can offer you new opportunities and challenges, along with continuing education to further enhance your career. The ideal candidate will assist in support teams of professionals to deliver quality service to our clients. In addition, the senior associate will be expected to develop industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through written reports, management presentations and the production of high quality deliverables.
As a member of our audit team, you'll:
· Take on a professional role as part of our client-facing teams
· Examine financial and accounting records, other documents, and tangible items such as inventory, or plant and equipment, or watch certain processes and procedures being performed
· Ask a range of questions - from formal written questions to informal oral questions - with a range of individuals at our client organizations
· Test some of the client organization's internal controls
· Make judgments on significant estimates or assumptions that management made when they prepared their financial report
· Verify and test financial statements and supporting disclosures
· CPA designation or equivalent designation
· BA or BS in Accounting or Business discipline
· Minimum of one year of audit experience; experience in a professional services firm would be considered a strong asset
· Understand Canadian or international auditing standards
· Knowledge of IFRS or ASPE is an asset
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment
· Demonstrate an ability to multitask in a fast-paced and changing environment
· Thorough technical skills and experience regarding applicable accounting reporting and auditing standards
· Project management experience
· Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
· Previous experience in leading discussions with engagement teams
Why Work for PwC
Whether you're an accomplished professional or a promising new talent, you'll have opportunities to continuously learn, grow and advance in your career within our network. Our diverse client mix gives you an opportunity to make a difference by working with clients across Canada and clients with a global reach.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
This role may support completion of the Canadian CPA designation.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Posted: January 15, 2019
Closes: March 16, 2019