Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must
first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location:
2533 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3J 0P1Inspired by food? Committed to excellent service? So are we. At Loblaw, we are Food Lovers!
We are committed to our Colleagues and Customers and work hard to create a culture that allows us to be our authentic selves while working as a Team. We know that clear communication, collaboration and teamwork is the key to having a successful workplace.
We're looking for talented colleagues who are excited about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way!
Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. Why is this role important?
Does the world of beauty intrigue and inspire you? Do you love connecting with people and educating them on all of the "how-to's" of beauty? Are you driven by to make a difference in people's lives? If you are passionate about helping people discover their beauty, feel confident and love how they look, Beauty at a Shoppers Drug Mart store is made for you. So come put your best face forward! Come discover the beauty of working here. Beauty Specialist Job Description
If advising on products, application, and new trends excites you, our Beauty Specialists help our customers select the best products and services every day. In this role, you will maximize sales of beauty products and services by providing information, advice, application and instruction, while achieving excellence in sales and customer service.The ideal Beauty Specialist will:
What you Bring:
- Identify customers' needs and sells through demonstration and education; Coaching customers through make-up applications, skin care consultations, and fragrance demonstrations
- Possess a "selling is fun" attitude
- Promote sales of beauty products; provides information on new or existing products and services; conducts demonstrations
- Encouraging customers to participate in the PC Optimum program & other promotions
- Introduce and promote Shoppers Beauty online to customers
- Ensure applicable sales are tracked, and that daily targets are achieved
- Seeks out development opportunities such as through workshop/education sessions to ensure product knowledge is current; Participate in workshop/education sessions and learn through other online offerings to ensure product knowledge is current and up to date I.e. The Academy, vendor schools, YouTube, etc.
- Builds customer loyalty through follow up and repeat business
- Actively use eClienteling to provide superior customer service and maximize sales, and to help reach department targets on all eClienteling metrics
- Actively promote and book appointments for in-Store events
- Demonstrates a professional image, including clean and complete image guidelines, uniform as outlined in Store Standards with name badge, and full make up wearing only cosmetic and fragrance brands that Shoppers Drug Mart Associate's sells
- Proven consultative skills to provide information, advice and guidance to customers on Shoppers Drug Mart Associate's beauty products and services
- Selling experience with a proven track record
- Ability to conduct sit down makeup and skincare consultations and demonstrate application
- Strong communication skills to make presentations, instruct individuals and groups on the use of cosmetics
- Commitment to providing excellence in customer service
- Punctual and reliable
- Comfort level learning and implanting daily usage of the in-store tools and applications (ex: iPad, derm tools)
Why Work for Us?
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to work in a fragrance filled environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
- Ability to bend and stretch to stock shelves
Each Shoppers Drug Mart store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Associate-Owners recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.Join our team. Apply today
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers.Employment Type:
Part timeType of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.