VIRTUAL(R)61 - HomeRes - QC - BMO
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Flexibility with schedule
Monday to Friday from 9h00am to 8h00pm
The "Know Your Customer - Requests for Information" (KYC-RFI) Team is a 100% remote, decentralized (Canada-wide) group, which ensures personal customers are being compliant in their banking relationships with BMO. Via direct customer outreach by phone and by email, the team gathers missing customer information, details on the sources of funds, or clarification on banking activities that may include but are not limited to Incoming/Outgoing wires, Automated Clearing Settlement System (ACSS) Transactions and cash flows to get a better understanding of the customer's activities. This department assists in ensuring the Bank has done its due diligence when it comes to understanding the nature of our customers financial activities and the use of their accounts, in compliance with our regulatory obligations.
As the Team Leader for the KYC Team, you will lead the team, fulfilling the following Key Accountabilities:Team Leader of the KYC Team - Key Accountabilities:CORE FUNCTION
EMBODYMENT OF THE BMO CULTURE
- Ensuring the team fulfills the requests for information via customer outreach in a timely manner. Requests included but not limited to "Know Your Customer" (KYC) Refresh, Source of Funds inquiries, Account activity questionnaire, Periodical reviews.
- Ensuring the team conducts outbound and inbound calls to gather the requested information.
- Ensuring attempts are made and information is gathered within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) established with the various stakeholders of the KYC Team, while adhering to the NACCC Policy guidelines and procedures and maintaining the confidentiality of customer and Bank information.
- Minimizing banking risk and exposure to monetary loss for BMO.
LEADERSHIP AND TALENT MANAGEMENT
- Fostering a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensuring alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Connecting the team's work to BMO's purpose, setting inspirational goals, defining clear expected outcomes and ensuring clear accountability for follow through.
COACHING AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Building an interdependent team that collaborates across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Monitoring quality control to ensure high level of customer service and information-gathering is being provided.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Identifies skilled knowledge gaps and performance improvement opportunities for the team
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Handles complex cases and escalations arising from the KYC RFIs, and works in collaboration with the Resolution Office (RO) as required
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Completes report audits and spot checks as required.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
Candidate Attributes for the position
- Collaborates with specialized units within BMO (e.g., legal, media, privacy) to develop integrated, customer focused solutions to resolve high risk contentious cases.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Creates innovative business development strategies, including collaborating with other BMO partners to grow the business.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- IMPORTANT: Verbal & written communication skills in French & English - In-depth.
We're here to help
- Typically, between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and postsecondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of team management, team dynamics and coaching - in-depth
- Knowledge of personal banking products and trends in financial product offerings - In-depth.
- Knowledge of contact centre operational processes and policies - In-depth.
- Knowledge of call centre technology, processes and metrics - In-depth.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
- Understanding of the business unit's risk and regulatory requirements. - In-depth
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Retail