Temporary Contract Reference code
:105528 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Calgary; Edmonton; Halifax; Laval; Moncton; Quebec City; Regina; Saint John; Saskatoon; St. John's; Toronto; Vancouver; Victoria; Winnipeg Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Do you love strong story telling? Does having exposure to a variety of issues and industries with the opportunity to work with our top business leaders appeal to you? Do you want to make an impact that matters? Deloitte is looking for an exceptional Public Relations Manager to join our vibrant, award-winning in-house Agency team.What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
As a Public Relations Manager, you will be an integral member of a high-performing team of communications professionals. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Public Relations, you will be responsible for enhancing and protecting Deloitte's brand and reputation through the development and implementation of national public relations strategies with a focus on media relations. We are looking for a bilingual communications professional who can help ensure the firm's both EN and FR external material is of the highest standard. Your day may include writing a press release, key messages, speaking points or social media content, external communications, advising and media training senior leaders, working to develop a public relations strategy - or turning complex content into easily digestible soundbites. You will also work closely with firm leaders and marketing leads across the country and global public relations counterparts, to ensure plans align with a view to achieving the firm's overall business and growth objectives.About the team
Deloitte's national public relations team works across various business areas, industries and borders to bring compelling content and business insights to our clients and beyond. The team proactively identifies opportunities for the firm's Canadian leaders to take part in the conversations that matter to our clients, communities and country. The firm's public relations practitioners are responsible for the development and execution of PR campaigns to support national marketing programs, brand initiatives, and thought leadership campaigns - and they are tasked with protecting the integrity of the Deloitte brand and reputation through issues management, stakeholder communications and collaborative conversations.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are self-motivated, energetic, and driven for success
and you have:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a public relations or integrated communications role (previous experience working in a PR agency, professional services firm or matrix organization with a variety of business areas and stakeholders is a bonus)
- Strong creative and business writing skills with the ability to turn technical jargon into easily consumable soundbites; experience writing media materials (key messages, FAQs, press releases, etc.)
- A grasp on current events, business news, public policy and Canadian politics - and perhaps a penchant for consuming traditional news and social media chatter on a regular basis
- The ability to multitask and manage a consistent workload, juggling multiple priorities simultaneously (strong time management and project management skills are key)
- Experience with the development and implementation of strategic public relations campaigns (including pitch writing, media outreach and maybe even some media training experience)
- Experience liaising with internal clients to understand their line of business and unique communications objectives
- Fully fluent in English and French spoken and written
- Strong relationships with journalists and influencers across the country and thorough understanding of the Canadian media landscape
- Ability to work with and manage external vendors
- Ability to develop, share, and adopt innovative approaches to communication and engagement
- Successful performance as part of team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment (a good sense of humor is also a great asset to have - the team likes to laugh a lot)
- Excellent knowledge of media monitoring tools and of social media platforms, results measurement techniques/metrics and best practices
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism, or post-graduate in Public Relations/Corporate Communications
- Last but certainly not least: a positive attitude. Know that you are making an impact that matters, every day.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
PR, Marketing Manager, Corporate Communications, Public Policy, Project Manager, Marketing, Legal, Technology
Management and Executive