AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Do you get excited working on new challenges every day? Do you like to problem solve, drive solutions and influence what features should be launched for customers? AWS Business Operations team is looking for a talented business intelligence engineer who can support driving deep insights, create forecasts, develop business metrics, ETL jobs and continuous improvement using the analysis. You will work with cross-functional teams across the company such as Accounts Receivable, Accounting, Operations, Customer Service, Development teams on a daily basis.
- Develop tools, dashboards, queries, reports, and scripts that will automate recurring tasks for BizOps while ensuring data quality and integrity. Ensuring accuracy of data and data analysis is of utmost importance.
- Identify, design and develop data source discovery efforts across databases and identify data/table links/joins between data/table sets. Uphold highest standard for ETL jobs/Queries/Code/Scripts.
- Manage stakeholder requirements, feature requests, solution life-cycle management, write 1-pagers/6-pagers/PRFAQ before new solution/automation launches.
- Work on Continuous Improvements to translate business requirement into proof of concept, project resource, and timeline estimate.
- Work with technical teams/software-developers across geographies to ensure accurate and sufficient data inflow in systems or data-warehouses used by BizOps.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a similar quantitative field
- 3+ years work experience in BIE in a big data environment
- Experience using SQL to analyze data in a database or data warehouse and be able to use a major programming (e.g. Java/C) and/or a scripting language (Perl, Unix shell) to process data for modeling
- Proficient using at least one data visualization product (Tableau, Qlik, Amazon QuickSight, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience working with a wide range of predictive and decision models and data mining techniques, as well as tools for developing such models
- Ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Ability to figure things out without a road map, transform organizations, as well as break the mold in terms of ways to re-frame and solve problems.
- Experience working with disparate data sources and turning them into a unified solution
- 5+ years of work experience of analyzing and interpreting data as a business intelligence engineer, data engineer, or at a similar capacity.
- Master's degree or higher in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative discipline
- Experience with creating and building predictive/optimization tools that benefit the business and improve customer experience
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages and operating systems, such as Java, Python, Power BI, or Linux, Python, etc.
Equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Operations and Logistics