Permanent Reference code
:124287 Primary Location:
Toronto, ON All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to lead, draft and negotiate complex commercial transactions for Deloitte's Office of the General Counsel (OGC)? Are you looking to make an impact at a leading global professional services firm? Then we're looking for talent like you to join the OGC!What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
As Commercial Legal Counsel you will serve as a subject matter expert for commercial engagements, leading, structuring, drafting and negotiating complex client transactions, and providing business clients with advice on high impact and complex commercial transactions on behalf of the Office of the General Counsel. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
About the team
- Lead, structure, draft and negotiate complex-client transactions in a fast-paced corporate environment including, master services agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, professional services agreements, master subscription agreements, license agreements, managed services agreements and requests for proposals.
- Provide advice on legal risks associated with transactions and offer creative solutions to mitigate risks.
- Negotiate and provide business clients with strategic and tactical advice on high impact and complex commercial transactions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for commercial engagements, requests for proposals (RFPs), including Federal, Provincial, Territory and Local government contract solicitations.
- Coordinate cross-border legal advice by developing an excellent working relationship with global partners.
- Work collaboratively with the business and corporate clients to deliver the highest quality of service.
- Build and maintain superior relationships with internal and external business and corporate partners.
- Contribute to high priority legal department initiatives, including knowledge management and workflow improvement.
This position will be part of our collegial and enthusiastic Office of the General Counsel. The Canadian OGC consists of approximately 25 people, including lawyers, paralegals, law clerks and paraprofessionals. We are looking for a motivated lawyer to add to the overall success of our team. This is a multi-faceted role with many opportunities to do a variety of challenging work.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has/is:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- A law degree.
- Been called to the Ontariobar in Canada.
- 6+ years combined experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience negotiating and drafting complex commercial agreements (e.g., technology agreements, professional services agreements, etc.)
- Procurement experience, in particular in the public sector (asset).
- A highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines
- Interest in working in an innovative and transformative environment.
- Collaborative and able to maintain strong working relationships with internal clients.
- Business minded with sound and practical business judgement.
- Strong work ethic, analytical, communication and drafting skills.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or firstname.lastname@example.org
for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Law, Developer, General Counsel, Procurement, Equity, Legal, Technology, Operations, Finance