You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Over the past 30 years, our Global Infrastructure Advisory practice has become the largest and fastest growing of its kind in Canada due to our deep and specialized knowledge and skills, and unrelenting commitment to client service excellence. As leaders of the industry, we are passionate about earning client trust. We take deep personal accountability in measuring success from the only perspective that matters - that of our clients. When you work with us, you are working with a multi-disciplinary team of accountants, strategists, project financiers, economists, engineers, construction managers, capital markets advisors, project managers, asset manager professionals, public policy specialists, and other professionals. The opportunity:
KPMG's growing and market-leading Global Infrastructure Advisory practice is looking for an individual who is interested in infrastructure strategy, finance, procurement, project management, planning and operations to join our practice in Manitoba. Please note that Consultant is an entry-level position
, with opportunities to grow your career at a leading global professional services firm. What you will do
The wide range of businesses and projects we work on means that our people have huge variety in their roles. This variation in the role means there is no set pattern for the types of work you will be doing on a day-to-day basis.
The successful candidate will assist in the delivery of high-quality services to public sector and private sector clients. Working in a team, the Consultant will advise on projects for government (federal, provincial and municipal) and the private sector, across a wide range of markets including utilities, transportation, agri-food, manufacturing, real estate, education, healthcare, and other service sectors.
Responsibilities of this position may include:
What you bring to the role
- Working on and leading multi-disciplinary teams on a variety of projects
- Communicating with different parties such as clients and other advisors
- Preparing and distributing reports and proposals
- Preparing proposals for RFP submissions
- Performing research, data gathering, economic, financial and statistical analysis
- Assisting with the development, and review of financial models
- Conducting thorough due diligence on financial and operational data
- Participating in strategic advice to clients based on detailed analysis
- Assisting in preparing strategic plans, business plans and business cases
- Contributing to a dedicated team of professionals in delivering advisory services to clients.
You are highly motivated and enthusiastic to take on a variety of challenges and opportunities. You have a strong academic record and are committed to professional development. You are passionate about being involved in your local community and university. You have a proven track record of successfully dealing with competing priorities and deadlines under pressure. You have a strong sense of personal accountability, and are focused on achieving your personal and career goals. Skills & Qualifications:
Keys to your success
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, planning, or similar area
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A team-oriented attitude, and ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team
- Proven capability of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to communicate and engage with diverse groups
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Flexibility to manage multiple assignments and competing priorities
- Strong quantitative and computer skills
- Ability to travel within Canada and abroad, as necessary.
- Preference given to those with:
- A few years of industry experience in a relevant industry (e.g. government, engineering, construction, real estate, utilities); and/or
- Demonstrated skills and experience in one or more of the following:
- economic and financial analysis
- leading and facilitating meetings/workshops
- operational and business improvement
- lifecycle asset management
- data analytics, business intelligence and GIS
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.