How often have you had the opportunity to be a member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge everyday problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how we are using the internet of things (IoT) to transform and disrupt an entire industry? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on the Key for Business team tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
Key job responsibilities
As Data Engineer, you develop, review technical design of and enhance data management solutions supporting the reporting Tools. You should excel in the design, creation, management, and business use of large data sets ,deliver data engineering initiatives and build end-to-end analytical solutions that are highly available, scalable, stable, secure, and cost-effective.
A day in the life
We are actively seeking a motivated and multi-talented individual who is passionate, highly autonomous and have deep expertise in the design, creation, and management of large and complex datasets. You should be an authority at crafting, implementing, and operating stable, scalable solutions to flow huge amounts of data from production systems into the Redshift cluster, and build complex transforms to compute and store new data developed by the software teams.
. Develop new data engineering patterns that leverage new cloud architectures
• Build and deliver high quality data solutions to support data scientists, engineers and analysts.
• Interface with software development teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
. You will work closely with the Business Intelligence Engineers, Product Managers, Software Development teams and other business stakeholders on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative problem solving to deliver actionable output in data gathering, transformation, ingestion and storage.
About the team
Key for Business (KfB) team's mission is to provide Amazon with 1-click access to every customer's doorstep. Key for Business, our patented building access technology, supports Amazon Last Mile in the US.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of non-internship professional industry experience in software development, data engineering or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- 3+ years of experience with demonstrated strength in ETL development, data modeling, data warehousing technical architecture and infrastructure components
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- Experience in one or more of: Python, R, Bash, or other scripting language
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with traditional RDBMS technologies and with writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent knowledge of Advanced SQL working with large data sets
- Knowledge of Advanced Statistics and implementing ML models
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior team members in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Strong business acumen, proven ability to influence others, strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming