IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is currently searching for two Database Administrator to join our client in downtown Winnipeg.
Why work with our client?
They are a full-service IT shop, they provide complete banking solutions, IT planning, systems integration, hosting, support, maintenance and professional services to meet the unique needs of financial institutions of all sizes and delivers world-class reliability through their Canadian-based data centers, employees and operations.
Their workforce is a complementary mix of deeply-experienced professionals and enthusiastic entry-level employees, from all walks of life. Therefore, whether you are right out of university or have 30 years in the industry to your credit, they have a spot that might be right for you.
- Install, configure, upgrade, tune, and maintain production, development and test databases for MS SQL Server and Oracle RDBMS
- Perform backup and restore of MS SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Provide development/support on Oracle and MS SQL Server for business applications
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, & procedures for disaster recovery & data archiving to ensure effective protection & integrity of data assets
- Perform core banking database conversions and database merges
- Perform tasks within the ticketing ITSM tools following ITIL best practices
- Perform data encryptions and scrambling
- Perform database patching – Oracle and SQL
- Ensure recoverability, data integrity and space requirements of databases
- Work closely with other support groups during DBMS’s software installation and upgrades
- Analyze and ensure operating system performance meets specified targets
- Monitor the databases’ performance and tune them as necessary
- Lead and implement specific technical projects and releases
What you offer:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with Oracle
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Certified as a MCSA/MCSE in SQL server, OCP in Oracle a plus
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, 13c
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting MS SQL 2000/2005/2008/2012/2014/2016 and SSRS
- Working knowledge of AIX/Unix/Linux operating systems and various Windows OS
- Good knowledge and experience with systems, policies, & procedures for disaster recovery & data archiving to ensure effective protection & integrity of data assets
- Proficient in database backups’ and restores
- Good knowledge and experience with encryption and scrambling
- Experience with database performance monitoring – Red Gate and OEM
- Experience with providing performance tuning recommendations
- Experience with database merges and core banking conversions
- Ability to perform database patching for Oracle and SQL
Why work with us?
- We provide excellent access to key hiring managers, which other agencies may not have access to
- When hiring managers are reviewing resumes, they will review the resumes from the agencies that have previously proven themselves and can be trusted
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business