Requisition ID: 104180
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Be part of this winning team!
In this role you would manage a portfolio of highly complex clients in National Accounts in a defined market area, in Canada. Ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are supported in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures
- Is this role right for you?
- You would lead and drive a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Promote the development and profitable growth of the commercial banking portfolio as part of National Accounts in the assigned market area.
- Develop and implement a structured marketing strategy to maximize business development opportunities for sustainable growth.
- Develop strategic sales plans for prospects and existing customers.
- Identify prospects/referrals from both internal/external networks.
- Analyze prospect lists and prioritizing business development opportunities based on industry/market data and customer analytics.
- You would partner with the National Accounts Execution Team, who has primary responsibility for credit deal structuring, negotiation.
- You would be determining pricing for existing customer relationships in addition to proposed financing for any prospects, ensuring a satisfactory level of profitability for one's overall book of business.
- Refer customers and prospects to the appropriate Commercial Bank segment and/or internal partners as appropriate.
- Pursue an aggressive business development program within the assigned market.
- Maintaining effective follow-up with prospects/referrals on any unsuccessful deals or bids.
- Update client or contact information accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Build and maintain a high market profile in the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts.
- Promote and encourage a strong relationship with the Execution teams for clients.
- Liaise with Client Portfolio Management for compliance monitoring and reporting actions as required.
- Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
- You have at least five years of commercial banking experience. We require an expert knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace in Canada, a thorough knowledge of the assigned market area's key prospects, major companies and competitive positioning within the assigned market area, and familiarity with the Loan Syndication market.
- You must also have a strong understanding of the Commercial Bank's objectives, strategies, structure, as well as its lending and deposit products and services.
- Have very strong interpersonal skills and communication skills are essential to this position. You must be able to effectively articulate views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
- Strong PC skills are necessary, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other commercial systems and platforms.
- Excellent networking skills and interpersonal skills including strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent relationship building and teamwork skills.
- Well-developed credit skills (i.e., able to qualify and assess credit worthiness of prospects).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Broad knowledge of Bank's commercial lending and deposit products and services, and customer profitability model to provide integrated financial solutions.
- An undergraduate degree in business or economics (or work equivalency) is a requirement.
- This is your opportunity to be a champion in a high-performance environment and support a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team. By fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/ values/business strategy and supporting succession and development planning for the team.
- This role reports to the Director and Head, National Accounts.
- Responsibility to m anage a customer portfolio of complex and/or highly customized borrowing relationships, with credit authorizations of $25MM+ and/or deposits >$50MM+ (target account loading of approximately 20 - 35 borrowing relationships).
- To w ork with various partners across the Bank, including Corporate Banking, GRM and Shared Services.
- Participating in local professional and community events and associations to develop and expand network of contacts.
Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Frequent travel primarily domestically. Vehicle required.
Location(s): Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Manager, Developer, Business Development, Finance, Management, Technology, Sales
Banking, Finance and Insurance