Position Title Disability Career Coach/Facilitator Posting Number 01865SA Location Various Douglas College Campuses/Satellite Campuses Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range To be determined Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 06/01/2023 End Date 05/31/2024 Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and some evening shifts Work Arrangements
This position operates primarily out of Douglas College Surrey Training Centre and requires some work from other Douglas College campuses.
This position is pending contract signing.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The facilitator/career coach will lead eight weeks of face-to-face career exploration and development workshops for racialized persons with disabilitiesResponsibilitiesRecruitment/Intake:
- market, recruit & screen potential participants;
- administer a disability severity assessment
- create action plans
- complete all necessary documentation for program participation.Workshop delivery:
- deliver 8-week sessions face-to-face;
- provide one-to-one and small group career counseling support to participants;
- coordinate guest speakers, third party training and community events for each cohort;
- provide feedback and adjustment suggestions for curriculum enhancements;
- maintain curriculum's relevance for each cohort;
- administer various career assessments. Employment supports:
- assist clients to develop resumes & cover letters;
- facilitate interview skills
- attending interviews to support clients when needed
- liaise with employers
- assist with employment onboarding and mediating when necessary;
- implement and maintaining employment action plan with employers;
- assist to support job carving as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
•Experience and awareness about working with persons with disabilities and racialized people; •Relevant teaching experience; •Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Education, Sociology, Psychology) and or an equivalent combination of education and experience; •Experience with learner assessments and debriefing; • CCDP license preferred.
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 05/24/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents. Please ensure your resume and cover letter clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. Note - position is pending contract signing
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10772
Education and Training