Assume a proactive leadership role in the successful introduction and establishment of our business operations in the district. To maintain and improve on our successful operations of the business in order to maximize sales and profitability through positive guidance of the General Managers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures that corporate goals for sales and profit levels are achieved by directing and consulting in the management of assigned stores.
• Initiates frequent meetings with General Managers to review profit and loss statements.
• Consults General Managers on general issues pertaining to store operations, merchandising presentation and execution, execution of marketing and advertising programs, and personnel development.
• Responsible for developing all field associates through training, coaching, and promotion opportunities
• Provides leadership, challenges, supervises, motivates, develops, and coaches General Managers, ensuring, at a minimum, semi-annual performance reviews are conducted.
• Responsible for training, supporting, and consulting with General Store managers to ensure the company's goals and standards for inventory, shrink, sales, profit, and general presentation are maintained at consistently exceptional levels.
• Identifies and evaluates potential General Store Managers both within and outside the organization.
• Champions exceptional quality service thus ensuring that General Managers embrace a strong respect for quality and standards within their realm of responsibility.
• Promote Best Practices
• Promote "Sales" culture Drive Business
• Monitors individual markets and competitive activity within those markets directly as well as through the General Managers, and provides feedback to the Vice President, Operations and others as the need dictates.
• Identifies and provides feedback on all factors impacting the business, including but not limited to, economic, cultural, and legal conditions.
• Committed to and actively promotes economy and efficiency in the utilization of all company resources.
• Responsible for recommending and achieving financial targets.
• Indirectly responsible for items of higher capital value such forklifts, bailer machines, large high-speed copiers and other store equipment.
• Acts as primary liaison between Corporate Office and stores, fielding all issues pertaining to store operations.
• Responsible for all aspects of new store openings through close liaison with all personnel involved.
• Initiates both scheduled and informal dialogue with Vice President, Operations to keep him/her informed and current regarding events at field level.
• Required to develop sales, which could include influencing and negotiating with companies, agencies, associations, etc. for their business.
• Champions responsiveness in resolving roadblocks to optimal performance at both office and field level.
• Maintains close working relationships with Human Resources Director, and Recruiting & Training Manager.
• Key contributor in the development, implementation, and maintenance of company policies and procedures.
• Plans, controls and directs the Loss Prevention thrust at field level.
• Responsible for providing input into sales forecasting and financial budgeting.
• Plans all upcoming events to drive sales.
• Plans the growth of individuals.
• Identifies, evaluates, and recommends strategies, and implements appropriate courses of action for enhancing operational efficiencies to improve overall profitability.
• Identifies cultural differences and nuances and recommends adjustments regarding marketing, advertising, packaging, new product and presentation issues.
• Input on product changes to drive sales
• Input on store layout to improve sales and customer service
• Extensive travelKNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Experience in a leading-edge POS systems environment.PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Local and Overnight Travel i.e. min of 3 days per week.
• Availability of 24/7 for emergency response
•This position is based out of Winnipeg, MBRECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONSExperience
• Minimum 5 years in high volume, discount, centralized, hard goods business management.Education:
• Post secondary education is preferred; however, these are flexibility dependent on the background and experience.
*Please note that candidates for the position must consent to a criminal background check to be conducted on them.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Posted: December 13, 2018
Closes: February 11, 2019