Position: ERP / Business Solutions Manager (NetSuite)
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
General Fusion is transforming how the world is energized by developing the first commercially viable fusion power plant. Fusion will deliver clean, safe, and on-demand power at industrial scale, providing a powerful complement to renewables and a pathway to a zero-emission grid. Combining new technologies, proven industrial processes, and advances in fundamental fusion science, General Fusion aims to be the first in the world to develop commercial fusion power. Key performance requirements have been demonstrated at the system level, setting the stage for building a pre-commercial fusion power prototype.
Reporting to the Director of IT, with a line to the Finance team, the ERP / Business Solutions Manager will initially develop, lead, and grow the ERP / Business Solutions role, working directly with external partners and internal stakeholders to participate actively in the implementation of a new ERP with NetSuite at its core. Ongoing support, administration and maintenance would then also fall under the purview for this role. The role will expand to implementation and support of other systems (e.g. HCM, EAM, CRM, contracts, collaboration tools, other), and has the opportunity to build a team over time as the Company is in a growth phase. With NetSuite at its core, this system will couple with further Project Management, Expense and HR Systems as we move forward.
- Manage NetSuite and project management system implementation successfully, stabilize and transition to maintenance & support
- Develop the ERP and business systems administration role with hands-on and result oriented mindset
- Orchestrate the NetSuite ERP and project management system administration and/ coordinate with potential managed service provider for execution of incident resolution and service request management
- Support the application development and application maintenance & support (AMS) of new business solutions such as ERP, CRM, HCM, EAM, Expense management…
- Support workplace technology and employee experience (Microsoft O365, Teams, Slack, other)
- Understands business customers, application adoption & usage, and technology to maximize applications TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and ROI (Return on Investment)
- Collaborate & communicate cross functionally to ensure business satisfaction with the Finance – Procurement – HR – functions, R&D team, and the Fusion Demonstration Plant team. Play the strategic IT business partner role
- With time, lead and grow the Business Solutions team
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Computer science or engineering degree or equivalent
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Previous experience in ERP implementation and system administration
- Experience with system integrations to NetSuite, e.g. project management, expense, procurement.
- Experience developing and supporting mission critical applications in the cloud
- Experience working with department such as finance, procurement, project management, HR, sales, research & development,…
- Experience working in energy & utilities, clean tech, renewables and/or high-tech sectors
- 7+ years of experience leading enterprise solutions such as ERP, Project Management, CRM, HCM and /or EAM platforms
- 5+ years as an ERP manager or ERP consultant
- Experience working on projects and procurement in a global context
- Experience managing ERP, CRM, HCM, EAM implementation for industrial companies (e.g. green field plant, construction project…)
- Deep knowledge of enterprise architecture, technical design, and software development
- Certification(s): NetSuite, Project Management, other relevant software
- Experience working in a startup / entrepreneurial culture
- Be able to manage the ERP and ensure business satisfaction
What We Offer:
- Flexible hours
- Four weeks’ vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Contribution
- Employee Stock Plan
- Support for professional development
- Great company culture – social events, food trucks, bike rides, Sun Run, etc.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
General Fusion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.