*This role can be located in Seattle (Washington), Arlington (Virginia), or Vancouver (Canada).
Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, Technology Company based in Seattle. The company ranked 5th on the Fortune 500 2019 list and continues to grow revenue at double digits, executing a simple strategy: "to be earth's most customer centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online." Amazon has expanded that mission statement to disrupt and innovate multiple industries, including: live content streaming with Amazon Instant Video, tech products with the Kindle Fire and Fire TV and Echo, delivery speeds with two day/next day/same day/one hour shipping, cloud computing with AWS, and online payments with Amazon Payments Services.
Pricing is integral to Amazon's ability to deliver on its everyday low price promise to customers. With millions of products available on Amazon, Pricing develops technology to compute and publish prices for every retail item in Amazon's global catalog, delivering competitive prices across full range of products and automating decision-making. Amazon's World Wide Pricing Finance team seeks a Finance Manager to support global pricing and Competitor Monitor Technologies (CMT). The Finance Manager will drive financial modelling, strategic analysis, and drive free-cash-flow initiatives. The successful candidate will have excellent analytical, financial modelling and planning skills. They will also possess strong business partnership and project management skills and collaborate effectively with stakeholders.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage and develop the financial planning and analysis processes for CMT.
- Implement standardized global metrics and reporting for competitiveness coverage metrics and KPIs.
- Developing new systems, processes, controls and policies
- Coordinate and collaborate with teams to develop frameworks for automating key planning processes.
- Develop framework to automate margin bridges to account for variances between plan and actuals.
- Provide support for dive deep analytical projects and executive reviews as needed.
- Manage and develop a team
- 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- Advanced use of SQL (for data mining and business intelligence)
- Solid business judgment and controllership focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Administrative Banking, Finance and Insurance