Requisition ID: 165994
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of Retail and Business Banking in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of Scotiabank's business strategies and objectives. Focus on delivering exceptional service throughout the Professional Client Journey with a primary concentration on the Healthcare Professional's early career and salaried practicing Professionals with personal banking needs, with focus salaried practicing MD Physicians and MD Students. The objective is to acquire, retain and grow the Bank's market share in the healthcare and professional client segment and ensure the appropriate service levels for this clientele and that the whole bank (including, Business Banking and Wealth) is brought to these clients as they move through their career journey. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
1. Acquire new healthcare and professional student relationships, expand existing ones and successfully transition to practicing professional client relationships, to achieve primary customer status and other goals by:
• Serving as the main point of contact for the professional student segment as the dedicated Faculty Representative at universities in the assigned market area, establishing and developing strong relationships with the university faculty leadership to enable collaboration and an ongoing partnership
• Planning and completing relationship building activities which create sales opportunities and/or provide value to professional students by developing, coordinating and managing faculty events on campus in cooperation with MD Early Career representative
• Managing and executing faculty events as outlined in Professional Association contracts to ensure all agreed upon commitments and opportunities are taking advantage
• Taking a proactive approach to discovering professional student needs, listening to understand what they are asking for by educating and providing relevant insights and expert advice
• Setting up and servicing the SPSP program for all professional students and facilitating all retail related products and services as required
• Referring professional students graduates and residents to the appropriate retail, Wealth and Business Banking (including Healthcare & Professional Specialists) partners to ensure transition for professionals to the right banker and deepen the client relationship
• Serving as the main point of contact for MD partner referrals for all physician student referrals
• Delivery of an exceptional client onboarding experience
• Responding to requests for service, instructing and guiding customers in service use and confirming their satisfaction with the service
• Taking steps to recover customer relationships when required
• Conducting outbound marketing activities to potential prospects
• Delivering presentations and seminars to professional student segment and COIs for business development purposes
• Networking with industry specialists to remain knowledgeable and current in marketplace trends and legislation
2. Support the acquisition and growth of the salaried professional segment, including serving as the main point of contact for all retail banking focused inbound MD physician referrals and servicing the retail needs of MD physicians and higher tier professional segment working closely with Healthcare & Professional Specialists (who are servicing their Business Banking needs) in order to achieve sales and other goals by:
• Executing on immediate retail needs and identifying referral opportunities in response to needs/preferences to internal partners (e.g. Business Banking, Retail and Wealth)
• Being knowledgeable and promoting the Professional segment and the Physician banking package offerings as well as Healthcare +
• Tracking and managing all inbound referrals (including from MD) and outbound referrals to partners
• Facilitating the execution of all retail needs for MD referred physicians and referring the relationship to the appropriate partner based on client's preferred market area
• Developing strategic partnerships with internal and external partners to enable successful onboarding of new physicians and grow existing thin physician relationships
• Establishing strong partnership and working strategically with MD partners to increase referral opportunities and business development activities
3. Contribute to the overall financial and non-financial objectives of the Canadian Bank by:
• Developing an understanding of the branch financial and non-financial goals and how to contribute to them
• Ensuring transition of students and professionals appropriately to the right banker
• Negotiating aggressive yet achievable financial and non-financial goals
• Adhering strictly to Bank and Branch security procedures and assigned authorities and responsibilities, and reporting any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity to your supervisor as soon as you become aware of it
• Championing a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Quebec
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Retail Sales, Business Development, Investment Banking, Technical Support, Financial Advisor, Retail, Sales, Technology, Finance
Retail Sales and Marketing