High Profile Security Officer - Part-Time
Reference ID: 327197
Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
Paladin Security is growing quickly in Winnipeg, and we need more hard working, professional and experienced, licensed security officers to join our team. We are committed to your growth and we reward HARD WORK!
The pay rates for our new corporate sites will be very competitive. Please apply today to learn about upcoming, permanent, full and part time opportunities that we need your years of related security experience for!
Job Skills / Requirements
Patrol assigned area on foot to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
Offer support to any person in need of assistance.
Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
- Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
- Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills.
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviours, and non-defensive communication.
- Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Able to handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Present a professional image to the public.
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- Able to understand, take direction and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Adapt to a variety of environmental factors while performing exterior patrols.
- Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of one year of security industry experience is a mandatory requirement.
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Demonstrated superior customer service skills is critical for this role(s).
Having flexibility to work a variety of shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends) is required.
Must be bondable, have a current criminal record check and child abuse registry check.
High School Diploma.
Must be 18 years old and meet all other minimum requirements for a security license in the Province.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma
Previous Security Experience
Certification Requirements (Any)
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Additional Information / Benefits
We are looking for hard working officers that are flexible to train for days/afternoons/evenings at a High Profile site. This will lead to significant opportunity for work as a part time or spare at this site and can lead to full-time work, if an appropriate schedule/fit becomes available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Please note this role requires 1 year security industry experience.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check, Child Abuse Registry Check
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Posted: January 18, 2019
Closes: March 19, 2019