If you are looking for friendly, supportive staff, work life balance and affordable living this may be just the opportunity that will take your career to a new level.
Under the direction of the Coding Coordinator and the Regional Manager, Coding and Analytics and in accordance with established policies and processes and vision and values of the organization, the HIM Coder performs technical functions such as coding, abstracting, and retrieval of computerized data.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, Days - 08:00 to 16:00
This position is regional with location where seats available (inquire for seat availability). Explore our wonderful northern communities. What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Graduation from an accredited program in Health Records Administration/Health Information Management.
• Certified by the Canadian College of Health Information Management and eligible for active membership with the Canadian Health information Management Association.
• Knowledge of BC protection of privacy and freedom of information legislation, patient's rights to confidentiality and legal requirements for the production of records.
• Knowledge of health information systems and database management, statistical calculations, and interpretation of reports from administrative and clinical databases.
• One year's recent related experience in a HIMS department of an acute care health care facility or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Skills and Abilities:
Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration:
Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking:
Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
Demonstrated computer skills including the use of abstracting software and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Software and Programming Other