In Home Reapir TV & Appliance Technician
Reference ID: 832703
High in demand! The Appliance & TV Technician will be responsible for the day-to-day repair of various types of major appliances and televisions. This role requires an individual who is technically competent, with detailed working knowledge of TV's & appliances including: Ranges, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers, Refrigerators, etc. The successful candidate must also be experienced in the use of all associated test equipment. Their proficiency in repairs will enable them to achieve the benchmarks set out regarding repair quality and turnaround time.
As an Appliance & TV Technician you will...
• Provide accurate and timely diagnosis and identify parts required, referencing the appropriate manuals, schematics and websites to do so
• Obtain the parts required for the repair in a timely manner from the parts team
• Replace and return defective parts to the parts team
• Complete all paperwork and documentation required thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner
• Exercise care in avoiding errors and rework
• Achieve a high rate of first time completion and minimize time to complete repairs
• Accurately enter appropriate data into the computer system, as required
• Maintains paperwork in an organized fashion for easy retrieval and reference
• Travel safely to and from the job site
• Provide an excellent level of service for our customers
The experience and education we need...
• Grade 12 or equivalent is desired, although a combination of relevant education, training, and experience will be considered
• Appliances Repair Diploma in repairing all types of appliances from a recognized technical college is an asset
• Must have strong communication skills to ensure efficient collaboration with customers and partnering teams
• 1+ years in diagnosis and repair of major appliances
• 1+ years in diagnosis and repair of televisions
• 3+ years valid driver's license with an excellent driving record
• Experience doing diagnosis and repair in customers' homes is preferred
• Must pass criminal background check and be legally bondable
• Must have strong computer skills, high attention to detail and accuracy
• Competitive wages, excellent health benefits and retirement savings program
• Employee discount
• On-the-job training and technical / process support
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education and career development
• All required tools and a company vehicle are provided
Burnaby, BC based Best Buy Canada Ltd., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortune 100 company Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY) and is one of Canada's largest and most successful retailers. With more than 12,000 employees across the country, Best Buy Canada Ltd. ( www.bestbuy.ca ) provides an unique and distinct in-store and online consumer offerings, tailored to meet a diverse range of needs. We pride ourselves as being one of the best employers in the country. We offer a competitive benefits package and our Head Office employees enjoy great amenities at our South Burnaby location such as an in-house gym and restaurant facilities, free parking, shuttle service, in-house dry cleaning services and more.
Posted: November 8, 2018
Closes: January 7, 2019