WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms - made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.The Opportunity:
WSP E&I has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Winnipeg.
This is an opportunity for you to be involved in,or lead interesting geotechnical engineering projects under a variety of diverse terrain and project conditions, throughout the province of Saskatchewan and to leverage your experience with a team that is committed to growth, development and delivery of high-quality project outcomes. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- You'll conduct all types of geotechnical and geo-environmental projects, including organizing field investigations, interpreting results, making engineering decisions and judgments and writing technical reports
- You'll work on or manage projects of various sizes providing not only technical input, but also mentorship and support to junior staff. This could also include analysis and modeling of geotechnical designs
- Projects you could be involved in could include: slope stability projects (local and regional), mining projects (closure, tailings dams), foundation investigations, construction oversight, project management, etc.
- You'll work with and assist the materials testing department where geotechnical engineering assistance is required, supervise and coordinate field programs, preparation technical reports and contribute to the proposal process and liaise with clients as required,
- You'll get to liaise with other offices to provide growth opportunities and gain additional mentoring and assistance from senior staff. In this regard, there will be opportunities to work with other offices, where assistance is required and where the local workload permits
- Undertake self-development through training or course attendance
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Civil (Geotechnical) or Geological Engineering from an accredited institution
- Postgraduate degree (Master's or Ph.D) in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset
- Registration (or eligible for immediate registration) as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Minimum of 5 years of practical engineering experience relevant to a variety of projects. Experience working with Engineering Consultants is preferred, but not necessarily required
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills with strong skills in report writing and proposal writing.
- Strong leadership skills with a genuine desire to mentor and develop individuals and teams
- Unrestricted Class 5 Driver's License that is valid in the province of Saskatchewan
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.