Intermediate Java Developer Permanent Winnipeg, MB
Remote until safe to be on-site
Our client is a young and exciting tech and logistics company in the Canadian prairies who is growing fast in many major cities across Canada and the US. If you are a Java Developer who wants to be a part of this growth and help create the future of this growing mobile app, let's talk! What's in it for you?
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Work with the best in the mobile development industry
- Casual dress code
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Performance-based salary increases
- Flexible work schedule, focused on results
- Take ownership of your work and work closely with your team
- Work in a company that moves quickly, takes risks, and knows how to manage the risks
- Regular refactoring to improve existing systems - technical debt isn't an excuse
- Unit tests and code reviews are at our core - confidence in our pull request is the result
- We constantly push our app's technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges
- We face challenges no one can predict - we meet them head-on as a team
- When we have an idea that serves a need, we run with it
- Our teams are kept tight and efficient
- We hold ourselves to the highest operational standards - availability, scalability and security
- Exceptional knowledge of Java, especially Java 8 lambdas and streaming functionality.
- Solid understanding of consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services and message brokers, especially Spark Java, SNS/SQS, AMQ, RabbitMQ.
- Experience implementing engineering best practices such as TDD, building monitoring metrics, and code reviews.
- Experienced with cloud infrastructure, especially AWS systems such as RDS, ECS, Cloudwatch, Elasticache, SNS/SQS, Lambdas, S3.
- Understanding of continuous delivery, deployment, and integration.
- Experience with data persistence in relational, unstructured and/or cached forms, especially MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch. Useful to have experience with MongoDB, MariaDB, Memcached, and PSQL.
Annex Consulting Group is a full-service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program . Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.
Software and Programming