Amazon's Finance Technology team operates software platforms that are among the largest in the world by volume and complexity. We interact upstream with all of Amazon's businesses globally and the majority of our projects are cross-functional. Much of our work enables Amazon's new market or business model launches and happens as part of these enterprise programs. We partner integrally with the CFO organization worldwide, including the central finance functions and line of business leadership.
Finance Technology team is looking for an application engineer to play a key role operating and enhancing the applications used in the procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, and report-to-report business processes. This position will be responsible for leading the support and operation of Receivables module within the e-Business suite financials. Core activities will include end user support, problem management and operational enhancements for Receivable and Cash applications in multiple geographies. This role will be responsible for delivering high quality service to Amazon.com's growing global business.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage a range of business processes that Oracle EBS financials supports (PO, AP, FA, AR, OCM, GL, integrating platforms).
- Understand fundamentals of key setups, system administration, and SOX controls.
- Be able to triage critical issues or events, organize and direct multiple Oracle EBS finance-based teams.
- Develop/ communicate/ execute a roadmap of improvements for a given function.
- Communicate effectively across a variety of teams from finance directors to SDEs from client teams, e.g. Kindle Digital or AWS Commerce Platform.
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus.
"Must Haves" for the position
- Oracle EBS depth (5+ years) in one or more of the following: procure to pay, order to cash, or core financials.
- Oracle EBS SDLC for large implementations, enhancements, dealing with Oracle (as a vendor/product company)
- Strong communication skills; Prioritize and deal with ambiguity. •
Nice to Have
- SDE Skills (Java and Big Data technologies)
- Oracle Application Framework and ADF skills
- Agile/Scrum Master
- Development (or integration) experience in non-EBS technologies
- Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of six years of experience developing solutions for Oracle's e-business suite.
- Experience with Oracle's development tools including reports, forms, BI publisher, Workflow Builder, and JDeveloper.
- Experience with at least one of these e-business suite applications (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Procurement, iProcurement, iExpense, General Ledger, Inventory, Fixed Assets)
- Experience engaging Oracle Support to research and resolve issues.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Interact with business customers to understand and document their business processes and requirements.
- Perform gap analysis to determine our e-Business suite's system configuration and development changes.
- Design and implement system modifications.
- Create SQL queries against Oracle tables to troubleshoot, develop metrics, and create ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Code, Design and implement modifications.
- Additional programming skills that are useful towards the job but not a core requirement: Perl, Java
- Must have a strong functional knowledge of the Oracle e-Business suite in a multiple organization and multiple set of books environment.
- A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment. Must be able to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical. Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL best practices. Must have very strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
- Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming