Description What to expect as the IT Security Engineer at Elastic Path?
The IT Security Engineer will be fundamental in assuring the availability, integrity, and safety of Elastic Pathâ€™s data. Our ideal candidate will be experienced in managing large AWS environments, advanced networking, cloud security, and identifying weaknesses and threats in networks. Great communication will be key, and the ability to always push the boundaries in respect to whatâ€™s â€good enoughâ€. Key Responsibilities:
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?Â
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and enable appropriate security controls for the protection of Elastic Pathâ€™s data, systems, and networks.
- Troubleshoot security and network problems and respond to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities.
- Management, administration, and continual improvement of:
- Amazon Web Services environment
- Identity Management, MFA, and Single Sign-On platform: Okta
- Multi-region networks and security infrastructure
- Backups, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning
- Continuous development of IT security standards and policies.
- Foster and nurture a strong culture of security at Elastic Path.
- Manage and continually improve security training program for all employees.
- Participate in technical research and development to advance IT innovation across the enterprise.
- Ensure that we meet or exceed the needs of our internal customers.
- Co-ordination of external vendors and consultants as needed.
- Understand and apply Elastic Path security policies, processes, and controls as required, in day-to-day tasks.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the security capabilities of Elastic Path, its systems, technology, software products and SaaS offerings.
Who we are:
- 5+ years of server, network, and cloud computing experience.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree with a technical major, technical certifications and/or significant relevant experience.
- Security certifications from a well-recognized institution (e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS).
- Experience in cybersecurity, incident response, network security technology & networking fundamentals.
- Direct, hands-on experience or strong working knowledge of managing cybersecurity infrastructure â€" firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Private Key Infrastructure (PKI), Endpoint Protection, Anti-Virus.
- In depth and current technical knowledge of IP Inter-networking and the cybersecurity vulnerabilities and common network and software engineering flaws associated with them.
- Thorough understanding of traditional and next generation cyber & network security technologies to identify and combat internal and external threats.
- Experience with SOC2, GDPR, HIPAA compliance and other compliance models.
- Independent, pro-active, and highly self-motivated approach to problem solving.
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the worldâ€™s leading brands, such as Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other â€¯ leading enterprises. We pioneered the â€¯ Headless Commerce â€¯ space in 2011 and spearheaded â€¯ Composable Commerce â€¯ in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others. Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.Â Â The Perks?
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located.Â You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page . Apply Now!
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted â€" however they choose to identify. Â