Position Title Job Developer/Employment Specialist Posting Number 01398SA Location Various Douglas College Campuses/Satellite Campuses Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range TBD Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 04/01/2022 End Date 03/31/2023 Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift 8:30-4:30 Work Arrangements
This is a 35-hour per week full-time contract position, operating Monday through Friday.
Home base is Coquitlam campus however flexibility is required to be able to meet clients as needed, at multiple work sites. Occasional travel within the Lower Mainland is required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Job Developer/Employment Specialist is responsible for liaising with employers and professional associations to obtain work experience opportunities for participants (age 55+) for the 'Encore Careers' program. The Job Developer/Employment Specialist will contribute to the team to provide participants with the tools and resources to overcome employment barriers and achieve sustainable employment, substantive education or a combination of both.Responsibilities
The Job Developer/Employment Specialist will:
- Assist with program marketing and participant recruitment;
- Assist with participant needs assessments to determine eligibility for program and job readiness;
- Determine participant need for program financial supports within budget constraint
- Maintain and build positive Employer relationships;
- Assist participants with job search strategies and to prepare for scheduled interviews;
- Participate in regular program team meetings, review client outcomes against performance targets, contribute strategies to ensure program targets are met, participate in strategic planning and program review sessions as scheduled;
- Provide coverage for team members including facilitation and Career Coaching for in class sessions;
- Foster positive, productive working relationships and work collaboratively to contribute to a positive work environment based on mutual respect;
- Participate in Training Group's Quality Management System (ISO9001:2015);
- Participate in Training Group's Job Developer cross-program team.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
•2+ years Post-Secondary in marketing, sales or related area or combination of suitable work experience and education; •Awareness of the needs of job seekers aged 55+; •Knowledge of current local and regional economic conditions and labour market information options for job seekers aged 55+; •Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills; •Ability to network with employers, business and industry and through professional associations; •Advanced proficiency in internet research, Microsoft Office, and social media;
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 03/11/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/8767
Education and Training