A career in Office of General Counsel, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of the Firm's legal department by providing dedicated legal support in the areas of litigation, counselling, and corporate, commercial, and employment law. You'll play an important part in all aspects of regulatory proceedings involving the Firm and its personnel by supporting on regulatory issues, advising the Firm on matters relating to its operations, supporting the Firm's client contracting function, and advising on matters related to employees. As part of our team, you'll help with researching background information related to legal issues and prepare legal documents. You'll focus on drafting contracts or legal agreements, retaining files of prepared legal documents, and coordinating requests between internal and external counsel.\n\nThis is a virtual role for a Legal Counsel who will be responsible for supporting lawyers in PwC Canada's Office of the General Counsel ("OGC") and advise PwC on a wide variety of challenging legal matters, including litigation, regulatory, privacy, data, technology, employment and ethics. Critical attributes of this position include: a generalist lawyer eager to develop their skills through exposure to a variety of legal matters; a positive, proactive "can do" attitude and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Your attention to detail, organization, discretion in handling confidential information and your ability to prioritize and adapt to changing demands and deadlines, will be essential to your success.What to consider before applying
• This role requires the candidate to be fluent in French and English.
• This is a remote position, requiring the ability to work virtually. #LI-Remote. Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a Legal Counsel, Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide research and legal advice to internal OGC and business stakeholders on a variety of legal matters, including matters relating to privacy, litigation, employment, ethics, operations, and technology
• The Legal Counsel, Manager will conduct research and provide legal advice and strategy direction to senior lawyers and business partners regarding various legal matters
• Liaise with external and opposing counsels regarding litigation, privacy and employment matters
• Conduct and/or support ethics investigations including workplace and regulatory investigations
• The Legal Counsel, Manager will keep up to date with legal developments and provide support on the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with various legal requirements Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• A generalist lawyer eager to develop through exposure to varied legal issues and task
• Experience in a legal environment supporting multiple lawyers practicing as a generalist lawyer
• Juris Doctor or LLB required
• Excellent skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); confidence in ability to work in a highly technical and ever changing work environment
• Resourcefulness in solving problems and the ability to multitask and work with people in a high volume, fast paced environment
• Energetic and positive attitude
• Strong client service focus in dealing with both external and internal clients, displaying an image of professionalism, discretion, integrity and tact
• Excellent judgment and strong problem solving skills, including a proactive approach to working with staff and clients at all levels while demonstrating flexibility
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.