Position Title LINC Workplace Facilitator (Temporary) Posting Number 01390SA Location See Work Arrangements Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range To be determined Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 04/29/2022 End Date 08/19/2022 Day of the Week Tuesdays, Thursdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Mondays Shift Mornings & Evenings Work Arrangements
All classes are located at Coquitlam Campus,1250 Pinetree Way:
Workplace focused LINC 5/6 morning
M/T/Th/F from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Workplace focused LINC 5/6 evening
T/W/Th from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Workplace Facilitator provides curriculum development and implementation of workplace preparation and career development sessions to adult learners within a settlement and workplace integration context using Portfolio Based Language Assessments ( PBLA ). Students are immigrants and refugees to Canada assessed at Canadian Language Benchmark Level's 4 & 5 ( LINC levels 5 & 6).Responsibilities
• Develop and implement face to face and online curriculum for Workplace LINC 5 & 6 within a settlement and workplace integration context;
• Prepare learning objectives, lesson plans and class materials to facilitate adult English Language Services based on LINC for the Workplace curriculum;
• Prepare and integrate Portfolio Based Language Assessments ( PBLA ) into curriculum;
• Incorporate digital literacy into class via use of computer sessions that use avenue.ca, Zoom, BigBlueButton, Microsoft Office applications, internet research, email, LinkedIn, etc.;
• Monitor student progress and perform on-going assessments based on PBLA
• Identify and contribute to PBLA materials collection stored as per Douglas College Records Information Management ( RIM ) requirements
• Collaborate with Instructional Support and facilitation team to create a calendar of events and activities, including organizing field trips and guest speakers;
• Work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team in the design, development and delivery of services ensuring program outcomes.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Recognized undergraduate degree and Teaching English as a Second Language qualifications which are recognized on the TESL Canada website;
• Completion of CLB Bootcamp;
• Experience/understanding of Portfolio Based Language Assessments;
• Working knowledge and experience in career planning, job search, job readiness training programs with a solid understanding of Essential Skills;
• Career Practitioner Certification an asset;
• Knowledge of local labour market and community employment related resources;
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate dynamic, employment focused workshops that ensure targeted outcomes;
• Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, internet and email;
• Strong organizational skills and solid classroom management skills;
• Demonstrated ability in identifying and addressing client needs;
• Proven ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team with capacity to take initiative and easily adapt to change;
• Strong interpersonal and exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds; sensitivity and understanding to the needs of newcomers to Canada.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 03/01/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
This short-term opportunity is to fill a leave. Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview may need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/8719
Education and Training