Permanent Primary Location:
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems Are you looking for a new opportunity in Assurance? Do you want to continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path? Take a look at this exciting position!What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager in the Assurance group, you will:
About the team
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of projects, including management of engagement economics
- Contribute to business development including maintaining and/or developing internal and external (to Deloitte) relationships
- Preparation and/or review of complex accounting and process memorandums under IFRS, ASPE and U.S. GAAP
- Review client deliverables prepared by junior staff and develop staff skillsets related to Technical Knowledge, Communication skills, Leadership and Project Management
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Manage and develop teams of advisory resources
The Toronto Assurance group is rapidly expanding.Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
Our Assurance group is composed of the Accounting Operations Advisory and Accounting & Reporting Advisory teams, which focus on providing solutions for technical accounting issues as well as enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success.
Our Accounting & Reporting Advisory Team focuses on assisting our clients and internal Deloitte teams on researching, analyzing and developing technical accounting solutions, assisting entities with the adoption of new standards, understand and advise on corresponding impact to processes and controls, as well as providing an accounting perspective for other advisory engagements. As an Assistant Manager, you would be part of the team to gain unique and broad experiences as you develop into a next generation leader.
We are looking for professionals who are looking to join a high-performing, priority growth area for Deloitte, who will contribute with strong problem-solving skills, a breadth of knowledge with respect to the technical and operational financial reporting, and strong inter-personal skillsEnough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Must have a CPA designation or equivalency and poassess a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Must possess strong technical accounting skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of ASPE, IFRS, U.S. GAAP, internal controls (CSOX/PCAOB) and risk
- Expertise in financial reporting cycle elements such as financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, accounting close/consolidation and business case development
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Capacity to think about requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons or different options)
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Management and Executive