Permanent Reference code
:124475 Primary Location:
Winnipeg, MB All Available Locations:
Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
-- Are you an accounting professional looking for a new leadership opportunity? Do you want to work for Canada's largest professional services firm? Look below!What will your typical day look like?
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
About the team
- Manage and review compilation, review engagements (ASPE) and related tax preparation
- Conduct pre-engagement work and planning
- Be responsible for timely completion of work including ensuring deadlines are met
- Review financial statements prepared under ASPE with complete note disclosure
- Review T4/T5 and other tax compliance reporting/slips as required
- Identify and solve technical issues
- Identify potential tax planning strategies
- Respond to client queries
- Conduct training related to your area of expertise
- Coach staff members, conduct performance evaluations
Deloitte's Accounting Services Group offers a small-firm atmosphere with the benefits of being a part of one of Canada's largest professional services firm. Our clients' companies vary in sizes and we work with some of the largest private companies in Canada. You will be serving private clients and will have the opportunity to work in a variety of business sectors, including manufacturing, retail, real estate, professional services and others. Engagements are carried out for both individual companies as well as groups of companies.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in financial accounting, including people management experience; comfortable managing a virtual team
- CPA designation or equivalent is required or in progress, completed post graduate degree or equivalent
- Possess excellent understanding of accounting principles (ASPE) and tax compliance and possess advanced accounting skills
- Detail oriented individual comfortable working within tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Professional manner and exemplary team work skills
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or email@example.com
for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Developer, Accounting, CPA, Equity, Manager, Technology, Finance, Management
Management and Executive