Cloud security is our highest priority at AWS. As an AWS customer, you benefit from an environment built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations. As an AWS Security team member, you will help secure that environment for our customers while working on cutting edge security products for a variety of platforms and technologies, all operating at massive scale.
We are looking for an experienced security leader to join the AWS AppSec team. As a security leader, you will own building and managing a team of security engineers and leaders, fostering a strong team culture. You and your team will be responsible for reviewing and testing our new services before release, partnering closely with our development teams to produce innovative and secure solutions. We're looking for a leader that's highly passionate about the potential of cloud computing and building a high performing security team.
Security Managers at Amazon have a track record of delivering high quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. You should know how to prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. AWS in general, and AppSec in particular, operates at very large scale and demands high standards, so a passion and discipline around security and delivery is critical. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
Think you have what it takes? Keep reading.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience leading, managing & developing high performance teams
- 5+ years of progressive experience within a software security team or similar operating environment
- BA/BS in computer science, information security, related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Strong information security risk-based prioritization abilities
- Hands-on knowledge of information security technologies such as security design review, threat modeling, risk analysis, and software testing techniques
- MA/MS in computer science/related field
- Information security professional certifications encouraged (SANS GIAC, CISSP etc.)
- Experience architecting, securing, and operating Amazon Web Services
- A strong bias for action with proven ability to handle high stress, time sensitive security tasks
- Experience managing remote team members
- Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on translating technically complex issues into simple, easy to understand concepts
- Excellent attention to detail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance