You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
As a lead member you will work closely with KPMG Partners on tax planning initiatives and requirements. Your organizational skills will enable you to direct the work of junior staff, including reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness. Additionally, you will research and prepare tax-planning strategies for our clients and take the lead on the preparation of tax returns. The ideal candidate enjoys the spotlight and sets the standard for junior staff, by providing ongoing support and opportunities for professional development. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Leading client engagements.
- Working closely with a Partner as a senior team member on tax planning work for clients.
- Planning and organizing teams for the preparation of tax returns and conducting and presenting tax research.
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing the planning and compliance needs of clients.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
- Work with other office members in attracting new work to the firm.
Keys to your success:
- Minimum 5 years specializing in tax in a public accounting firm.
- Professional accounting designation.
- Completion of the In Depth Tax course.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients business.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties.
- Emphasizes on quality and adds value in their client offerings and services.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Effectively manages conflicting demands and priorities.
- Gives others the opportunity to take on new tasks and responsibilities.
- Able to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results. Able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions.
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.