Permanent Primary Location:
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada All Available Locations:
Regina; Saskatoon; Winnipeg
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.Are you looking for a new opportunity in Assurance- Public Sector? Do you want to continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path? Take a look at this exciting position!What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager in Assurance, you will be a part of team of like-minded individuals where you will work to contribute to market initiatives. You will:
About the team
- Serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country, as the opportunity arises
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Effectively manage engagement teams, mentor, and develop junior members
Deloitte's Public Sector Accounting, Finance, and Transaction Advisory practice aims to support organizations by providing confidence in financial information used for decision-making and communications by:
Providing complex accounting and transaction expertise and accounting standards implementation services.
Providing finance operating model assessments, finance process mapping / redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and CFO / finance effectiveness workshops.
Our practice objective is to enable finance functions to be successful and enhance the value that finance functions can bring to their organizations.
We are looking for professionals who have experience in working for or in public sector organizations, or who are passionate about advising public sector clients. We are looking for candidates that are conversant in IFRS, NPO (Not-for-Profit) and PSAS (Public Sector Accounting Standards).Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Must have a CPA, CA designation or equivalency and possess a minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with public companies
- Must possess strong accounting and finance skills, experience in the public sector industry is a strong preference.
- Capacity to think critically about issues from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options, proposed solution) and aptitude in researching better practices and interpretive guidance
- Operational (ability to translate the "what is required" into the "how it's done")
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills, problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Project management discipline and structure, strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills, including being a role model for others and imparting knowledge and experience to junior team members
- Broad advisory skillsets (capacity to help client explore issues / opportunities)
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities, experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production