300 - 1780 Wellington Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3H 1B3
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on the quality and commitment of our employees who thrive on exciting challenges.
We are currently looking for an experienced Merchandiser to join the Store Concepts Team. The position provide an exciting opportunity to work in different stores in different locations within Western Canada except BC.
Reporting to the Store Development Coordinator, the Store Concepts Merchandiser is responsible for merchandising at all Store Concept projects, renovations, expansions, relocations and new store openings. NOTE: Travel Based role: Western Provinces except BC. What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Merchandise sections as per planograms, following merchandising standards and direction from the Store Development Coordinator and Project Leader.
- Assists in the set up of fixtures/assets.
- Label sections as per current merchandising standards.
- Communication required between Store Development Coordinators and onsite Management team.
- Coordinate with contractors and vendors, dependent on project.
- Receive, log and verify merchandise where necessary as determined by the Store Development Coordinator
- Build seasonal and promotional displays as determined by the Store Development Coordinator.
- Projects are located throughout the region. Compensation is provided for travel costs
- Previous Retail Merchandising Experience
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be willing to travel, dependent on location of projects - up to 70%
- Ability to lift 50lbs + on a regular basis and standing for prolonged periods of time
- Must have a reliable vehicle for this position
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal
NOTE: Travel Based role: Western Provinces except BC. Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a detail driven environment
- Must be a team player. Peers may often be the acting Project Leader, so the team environment is crucial.
- Well organized with the ability to work with minimal supervision
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.