1468 Main Street
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Cultivates, builds, and manages relationships with a third-party network of referral sources to build a pipeline of new mortgage business and increase BMO's share of the home financing market. Actively identifies sales opportunities and refers to BMO colleagues as appropriate. Develops and executes effective marketing and sales programs to drive business results. Adheres to audit, regulatory, and compliance policies and follows all standard processes/procedures.
We're here to help
- Actively searches for sales opportunities to achieve individual sales and profitability goals.
- Proactively contacts realtors and referral sources identified through the creation of national partnerships and/or creates local partnerships to lead client and realtor discussions and sell real estate lending products and insurance that meet the Bank's mortgage growth and profitability objectives.
- Assists with the implementation of targeted marketing programs, promotions, and other initiatives.
- Seeks opportunities to expand network by obtaining referrals from existing relationships.
- Establishes and enhances the Bank's community presence by participating in trade shows, conferences, and related events.
- Serves a customer advocate during application and processing activities.
- Provides marketing, event coordination, and general administrative support to maintain positive and ongoing contact with their broader referral network.
- Delivers exceptional customer service that builds trust through expertise, responsive service, and support.
- Organizes customer appreciation events, seminars, and conference calls.
- Guides customers throughout mortgage application and processing activities.
- Partners with branch teams to properly hand off customers to finalize mortgage documentation.
- Resolves or escalates issues to meet customer expectations and ensures funds are advanced in a timely manner.
- Identifies client needs for banking products (e.g. everyday banking, lending, and investment) and refers to appropriate BMO partners.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business / group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Liaises with various BMO teams and customers to ensure satisfactory completion and/or fulfillment of the home financing application.
- Documents updates in BMO's internal systems to ensure employees have access to the status of outstanding customer opportunities, transactions, and problems / issues.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Engages with third party realtors, lawyers, and related referral sources to create strong relationships that generate referrals for clients requiring real estate lending solutions.
- Sells real estate lending and insurance products and identifies and initiates cross-sell opportunities and referrals in the best interest of the customer.
- Verifies mortgage approvals for compliance with regulatory requirements and operational and credit policies.
- Participates in projects and other activities designed to improve the customer experience.
- Liaises between clients and various departments across the organization to discuss issues and procedures, and provides mortgage and insurance product support and expertise.
- Completes all necessary transactional documentation in compliance with security measures.
- Ensures adherence to all aspects of First Principles our code of Business Conduct and Ethics which deals with individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of client information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
- Acts in accordance with regulatory and compliance requirements that include, but are not limited to, Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Reporting requirements, FCAC consumer provision requirements, and Privacy Act provisions in accordance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to fraud, robbery, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation.
- Protects the Bank's assets by adhering to all everyday banking, business banking, investment and lending regulations (as appropriate), Policies and Procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements and established risk guidelines.
- Understands risks and takes appropriate actions as they relate to personal banking, deposit and investment products, including all documentation, and any other requirements to maintain operational integrity.
- Maintains the confidentiality of both customer and Bank information ensuring compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of portfolio management and related credit qualification standards, policies, and procedures.
- In-depth understanding of the mortgage lending process and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal, sales, customer service, and negotiation skills.
- Expert knowledge of self-management and teamwork, personal lending, relationship sales and management.
- Functional knowledge of personal banking, investments, trust services, business and commercial lending, and cash management.
- Strong knowledge of the broader real estate industry and mortgage market.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- U.S. Only: This position will act as an originator of consumer loans as defined by Regulation Z, Regulation G, and the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act). This position will require a Federal registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry. The Bank will instruct you on the registration requirements needed to comply with this requirement. A criminal background review and credit history evaluation will be required for this position as well as restrictions on performing in a real estate agent capacity.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Retail