Join us at First Student as a Operations Supervisor! We provide all necessary PPE with social distancing measures in place.
First Canada, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has a full time opening for 'Operations Supervisor' in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Serves as First supervisor for Drivers, customer response, driver field evaluation and accident first responders and monitors driver and dispatcher performance as well as assists employees with any issues. RESPONSIBILITIES:
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Communicates job requirements and responsibilities to drivers;
- Day to day counseling and evaluation reports to local management;
- Ensures drivers are performing assigned duties correctly and safely and that they meet all job related specifications;
- Investigates incidents and accidents including on -the-scene accidents and assist drivers in preparing accident reports, OHSA reports and any other safety related documentation as required;
- Liaises with both clients and drivers/the organization re customer service issues and responds professionally to customer inquiries/comments;
- Evaluates and monitors driver safety and performance as well as compliance with legal employment/labor policy matters;
- Assists with Driver recruitment process;
- Prepares operational reports/schedules and maintains accurate daily records of operations;
- May also be required to conduct road checks, routing, training and other relevant tasks as required;
- Meets with all driver qualifications at location;
- Obtains CDL to operate vehicles at location, maintains that license and drives periodically;
- Any additional related tasks/duties as assigned.
- Supervisory capability with a diverse workforce;
- Proficiency using MS Office products including MS Excel and MS Word and Windows based programs;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient with basic math skills;
- Previous transportation knowledge, an asset;
- Ability to multitask and work independently in a fast paced/high energy environment;
- Exceptional customer service, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking abilities.
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Management and Executive