Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that's you, let's work, learn and grow together. We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Some of what you will do
Do you have a passion for playing a critical role in the world of retail transformation and have a love for travelling? As the Project Team Lead, Store Development, you play a dynamic role and will be involved in planning and executing a variety of complex projects within cross functional areas of the retail business. You will supervise Receiving, Verification, Merchandising and Technology leads through to project completion at new store openings, renovations, and other special projects. You will also partner with the Project Manager, Store Development to manage the training and development of the Leads utilizing down-time to build specific skills and provide store coverage. With a large scope of impact and partnerships with a variety of stakeholders, each day will be fast-paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful.
This position requires working overnights approximately 80% of the time. Specifically, you will:
Some of what you need
• Lead the Receiving, Verification, Merchandising and Technology leads by supervising their work, coaching and training them by providing frequent performance feedback and preparing and publishing their annual performance reviews and quarterly progress updates to the District Manager and HRBP, as well as managing succession plans for these roles.
• Devise and execute daily plan with store and Project Manager
• Prepare schedules for temporary associates and own their hiring and termination
• Monitor Project Budget to ensure project is on track
• Assist P.M. with all pre-project activities
• Work with PM to manage off-project coverage and development plan for project leads and yourself.
• Verify and assist with planograms and fixturing, as well as monitor and complete missing signage and fixtures list
• Devise overstock plan with the store
• Assist with receiving, product flow and verifying (ensuring all paperwork is completed and auditing for accuracy)
• Ensure the store's cleanliness is maintained throughout the projects and in the case of existing stores: receiving, sales floor, lunchroom, bathrooms, and offices are left functional for customers and the store associates on a daily basis.
Some of what you will get
• 1-2 years' experience in merchandising with a thorough knowledge of all merchandising/planogram processes.
• 1-2 years' experience in receiving with a thorough knowledge of all receiving processes.
• 1-2 years of management experience
• Completion of High School required, post-secondary education preferred.
• Ability to coach and train other associates and effectively them to Project completion.
• Ability to navigate ambiguity, resolve conflicts and deal with adversity.
• Effective communication and ability to collaborate and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
• Solutions finder
• Associate discount
• Health and Dental benefits
• Performance bonuses
• Learning & Development programs
• And more...
• Significant travel required (75% of the time)
• Store/warehouse environment
• Loud construction noise and/or distinct construction fumes.
• Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This includes working evenings, overnights and weekends as required.
• Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress and physical discomfort may occur.
Retail Operations and Logistics