People and Culture Coordinator
Reference ID: 322934
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
Paladin Security is looking for a diligent, detail-oriented People & Culture Coordinator to join our People & Culture team. You will be an outgoing, energetic individual with excellent attention to detail and primarily responsible for managing the talent acquisition process, but with a generalist approach capable of administering a variety of Human Resources functions on a daily basis. This role is great for an aspiring, organized HR professional who is a self-starter and works well in a fast-paced environment under minimum supervision. If this sounds like you, apply today and we will be in touch with you.
Job Skills / Requirements
Maintaining Human Resources files, hire paperwork and confidential files, both electronic and physical copies
Providing recruitment support such as attending career fairs and supporting the interview process as needed during hiring fairs
Provide employees with the new hire paperwork, and ensure that are necessary documents are completed, collected, and accurate.
Organize company events such as holiday parties, Barbecues and 24 hours of thanks events.
Plan, attend, and lead internal and external career fairs and other company functions or events.
Work with management to proactively determine branch staffing needs.
Develop tailored job postings and profiles and manage postings on Kwantek.
Source, evaluate, screen and select candidates for interview and hire.
Deliver offers to selected candidates and conduct reference and background checks.
Participate in employee engagement, pipeline nominations, rewards and recognition processes.
Serve as point of contact for candidates as they go through the on-boarding process.
Respond to employee inquiries regarding benefits, company programs and the Employee Assistance Program.
Ensure that the progressive disciplinary policy is adhered to and applied fairly and consistently; work with management to document and implement appropriate disciplinary action.
Conduct new employee orientation sessions as required.
Manage the uniform distribution and recovery process; maintain adequate levels of uniform inventory.
All other duties as assigned
• Post secondary education in Human Resources
• High regard for accuracy and attention to detail is a must
• A minimum of two years experience working in Human Resources
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to navigate an office environment across different departments.
• Strong computer (MS Office Suite) and organizational skills.
• Able to perform consistently in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
• Self-motivated and comfortable working in a small collaborative team environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Effectively prioritize completing demands with short deadlines
• Pleasant telephone etiquette and outstanding customer service skills
• Ongoing interest in training and personal development
• Registered Professional Recruiter (RPR) or Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation or working towards will be strong assets, but are not required.
• Previous high-volume staffing experience will be a strong asset.
Education Requirements (Any)
Certificate, Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources
Human Resources, Business or Office Administration
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter through the Paladin Security Careers page at www.paladinsecurity.com/careers , only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Holidays
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Client Services Manager
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: October 13, 2018
Closes: December 12, 2018