1350 18Th Street, Unit #3, Brandon, Manitoba, R7A 5C4
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important? SUMMARY:
To provide prompt and superior customer service at the retail postal outlet.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides superior and efficient customer service
- Answers enquiries and resolves customer complaints regarding postal services
- Abides by the customer service program (SERVE) as prescribed by Canada Post Corporation
- Maintains a neat and organized postal service area and presents proper image to public according to Uniform Policy and Dress Code Guidelines (eg. clean appearance, approved uniform, name badge)
- Ability to upsell and recommend postal services and promotions to all customers
- Ensures loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to guidelines
- Controls cash, money order, and stamp inventory in accordance with prescribed cash handling policies and procedures
- Maintains proper security of cash and mail
- Assists in maintaining and controlling the inventory of stamps, money orders, registered mail, etc. in compliance with the policies and procedures of Shoppers Drug Mart and Canada Post Corporation • Maintains and controls the cash register in the department in compliance with policies and procedures
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed in the department
- Perform other duties as required including Cash duties
Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Problem solving to ensure customer satisfaction
- Plan work to maximize efficiency and minimize costs
- Troubleshoot cash and tally differences
- Experience with registration and postal authorization issues
- Customer service oriented
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Register Skills
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Efficient time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to providing customer service
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
J2WRTLWhy work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.