Permanent Primary Location:
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada All Available Locations:
Work in a collaborative team analyzing client issues and financial performance data
Learn all aspects of formal and informal corporate restructuring
Work with clients to solve their most complex financial issues Are you interested in sharpening your financial analysis skills and assisting companies in financial distress? Deloitte's Restructuring Services team has an opportunity for you.
At Deloitte we value the opportunity to network and build relationships with skilled individuals, even in periods where we are not actively hiring. If you would like to apply to this future opportunity role, and have the required qualifications, you can expect to be contacted by the recruitment team within a few days. What will your typical day look like?
No day will be the same, but the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of formal and informal restructurings, which may involve taking possession of assets, operating insolvent businesses, reporting to Court, lenders and other parties, performing various financial analysis and understanding the viability of companies, and dealing with stakeholders through periods of crisis. The Associate or Senior Associate will also work closely with the team researching industry trends and performing analysis and will interact with business owners to develop options for various financial challenges. About the team
Restructuring Services (RS) is a national Deloitte practice providing professional services to owners, lenders, management and regulators of challenged and under-performing businesses. Work can range from the operational/financial restructuring of businesses to formal insolvency proceedings. Our professionals work collaboratively with clients in financial crisis, enabling them to survive and regain profitability. They systematically address the key strategic, operational and financial trouble spots of a business to rapidly diagnose any problem. Our professionals can then identify immediate stabilizing activities, provide operational and performance improvement advice, and address debt-structuring and refinancing, or recovery needs.Enough about us, let's talk about you
Are you someone with:
• An undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials
• A CPA or MBA, or with a desire to enroll in the CPA program
• Relevant work experience is preferred but not required
• Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with excellent Powerpoint and MSWord skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and interview skills, particularly in crisis situations
• An ability to identify and implement practical solutions
• Flexibility for mobility for out-of-town assignments
• Professional flexibility to support valuation, forensic, corporate finance, transaction services, value creation services or other deal needs
• A desire for new experiences and constant growth
...then we want to hear from you!Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production