At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees. Job Description and Responsibilities
Load and unload ferrous and non-ferrous materials, by means of roll off containers, luger box, end dumps, gondola trailers and flat decks as required in a safe and appropriate manner.EVRAZ is committed to maintaining and promoting a safe, healthy and injury-free environment. It is required for all jobs.
- Have a complete understanding of the Canadian Federal and Provincial rules and regulations relating to driver hours, driver logs, weight restrictions, height restrictions, tarp requirements
- Perform all pre-trip and post trip inspections daily - reporting all discrepancies and/or potential unsafe conditions immediately
- Making sure all maintenance items are taken care of, i.e. greasing, tire pressure, etc. as per maintenance policy
- Ensure equipment is kept clean and secured in a designated area
- Monitor over weight loads/unsafe conditions - contact dispatch personnel immediately of any infractions prior to leaving supplier site
- Have the ability to handle all requests and complaints made by the suppliers, communicating any shortfalls in service, regardless of nature to dispatch personnel and/or immediate supervisor
- Moving material in the yard when needed
- Operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Recognize potential hazards in and around the service area, reporting any and all unsafe conditions to dispatch personnel immediately
- Handle a large number of container collections, communicating delays that may impact the remaining schedule to the dispatcher
- Performs other duties as they might be assigned
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related dispatch experience
- Class 1, with air brake endorsement Driver's License
- O.T. rules and regulations related to over the road carriers and local deliveries
- Must have the ability to work long and strenuous (working) hours and endure poor weather conditions
- Must be punctual and dependable - absences must be kept at a minimum, scheduling time off to effectively staff department
- Must have the ability to deal with the suppliers in a positive, courteous, and respectful manner
- Safety conscious and orientated
- Comfortable working in all types of variable weather conditions
- Has a reliable form of transportation to and from work
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!