26080 Position Type:
Every year, Canfor hires numerous Forestry Field Assistants
to join us in term positions, offering contracts of 4, 8, 10, or 11 months. These roles are based within our Woodlands locations in both BC and Alberta, spanning Prince George, Vanderhoof, Houston, Fort St. John, Cranbrook, Whitecourt and Grande Prairie. With flexible start and end dates, these roles open doors to potential full-time employment, making it an exciting step forward in your career.
You're a motivated
and ambitious team player
who loves solving problems and is always up for a challenge. You welcome the idea of getting a little dirt on your boots and can perform physically demanding work. You tackle every task with enthusiasm and an unwavering dedication. Precision and commitment
to delivering top-notch quality
in every task are your trademarks. Safety
is our top priority, and as a Forestry Field Assistant, you will play a crucial role in upholding our unwavering commitment to maintaining a safe working environment for yourself and your colleagues throughout our forestry operations.
The life of a member on our Field Operations
- Timber stratification and preliminary feature identification using Lidar data and imagery
- Road and cutblock layout
- Site level plans and ecosystem data collection
- Operational cruising
- Field information mapping stream and riparian assessments
The life of a member on our Silviculture
- Supervision of planting, vegetation management, and site preparation activities to ensure compliance with Canfor's safety, environmental, and quality standards
- Completion of post-harvest prescriptions and regeneration surveys
- Updating key Silviculture databases following completion of activities
The life of a member on our Planning
- Conducting both field and office activities which relate to Planning
- Conducting field surveys and assessments to support block design and reconnaissance efforts
- Assist with developing and implementing comprehensive forest management plans in compliance with regulatory requirements and sustainable forestry practices
For these roles, you'll come equipped with:
- Current or past enrollment in a forestry or natural resources management program, and/or forestry work experience
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to perform physically demanding fieldwork in a team environment
- A valid Class 5 Driver's License
If you're ready to jump into a role that combines your passion for hands-on work, dedication to tasks and collaborative spirit, click that "apply" button today!
Please note that if a wage scale is mentioned in our job posting, it was not provided by Canfor. Our compensation is highly competitive, equitable, and reflective of our organizational values. We encourage you to apply for this position to learn more about the attractive Total Rewards package we offer at Canfor. #CADS #LI-JD1
Don't check off every single bullet point? Studies show that people are reluctant to apply for positions they aren't 100% qualified for. At Canfor, our focus is finding the right fit for our organization, not a criteria checklist. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing, and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as essential to our productivity, creativity, innovation, and competitive advantage. Therefore, we strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process where hiring decisions are based on each applicant's qualifications and experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. The specific type of employment screening conducted varies depending on the role and location. These screenings may involve behavioral assessments, references, physical testing, and criminal record checks. Why Canfor?
Canfor is a global leader in the manufacturing of low-carbon forest products, including lumber, pulp, paper, wood pellets and green energy. We embrace innovation in our industry and provide high-quality products to global markets. With our dedicated employees, we demonstrate leading environmental practices and are committed to the communities that host our operations.
As we continue to diversify our business, we have exciting work and development opportunities to help you build a rewarding career.
Our people-focused approach prioritizes our employees' safety, well-being and growth because they are critical to the success of our company. We provide learning opportunities that support you in developing skills and competencies at each stage of your career at Canfor. We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits to best support our employees and their families. Join us today and together, we can build a sustainable future.
Want to know what it's like to work here? Check out what our employees have to say ! Job Segment:
Sustainability, Compliance, Environmental Engineering, Law, Temporary, Energy, Legal, Engineering, Contract